Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Im not. I'll wait to see what the next Nexus brings but Im leaning toward the GS4

Me too.

Though at the same time, I'm not thrilled about purchasing the S4. Shouldn't I be? I think I should be thrilled about a new phone, but I'm not with the S4. i just know it's the better choice for me versus the One. I can't help but feel like Samsung is getting away with murder...

Generally not happy with what I've seen this year.

Part of me wonders if I should just tolerate my iPhone 5 until more options become available. With no time frame for the Phone X, though, I don't know how much longer I can last with iOS.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I'm just so pleased with my S3 I feel no need to change phones.

I don't see the point of updating to the S4 from my S3. Software right now is the only thing that could make me wanna upgrade, and the S4 doesn't bring anything particularly appealing that I don't already have. That's why I'm waiting for the next Nexus, although if the S3 get Android 5.0 then I'll probably won't change phone until next year.

This year won't bring anything great in terms of hardware. There's not much more they can add. That's why software is the key.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Me too.

Though at the same time, I'm not thrilled about purchasing the S4. Shouldn't I be? I think I should be thrilled about a new phone, but I'm not with the S4. i just know it's the better choice for me versus the One. I can't help but feel like Samsung is getting away with murder...

Not understanding what you mean here. Dont recall if you had a GS3 but mine has been great. Only real neusense i have had is it isnt the easiest to copy text with. They could improve that.

Part of me wonders if I should just tolerate my iPhone 5 until more options become available. With no time frame for the Phone X, though, I don't know how much longer I can last with iOS.

I look forward to the GS4 really. I am absolutely thrilled they made the screen bigger without making the overall size bigger like teh rumor said they would. That was a biggy for me because i really dont want to go bigger than that. The Note 2 is way too big for my liking.

I know im not as picky as you are and i dont let little things bother me so im fine with the home button and such and i dont listen for a trace of a buzz in my earpiece(not knocking you, just saying i wouldnt have cared since it was so faint)...lol. But with what you like to do, i would think you couldnt wait to get rid of that small screen limited iPhone.

As for the phone x...ive never really been a Mortorola fan so im really not interested much in it. Im only slightly interested in the HTC one but as i said, the aluminum back isnt for me at all and id like to have that Micro sd slot, and im not, ill look to the Nexus over the HTC.

Essenar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
Me too.

I'm in the exact same position as you. I feel like if I get the Note 2, it would be one of those "Bwa ha, gotcha!" moments. The Note 3 will drop right away, or the S4 will blow it out of the water, some One X Phablet will drop or something.

The Optimus G Pro is already a much faster phone.

I want to test drive the Note 2 but I feel like I'm gonna have the iPhone 5 and the Note 2 just so I can dump the Note 2 as soon as I feel nervous about the resale value. The only real trump card with iPhones is the simplicity of the cloud storage and their resale value. Not to mention how great games look/run on it. With Android you're always one month away from some phone putting your phone in the 'outdated' category. It hasn't even been a year since the Galaxy S3 came out and there's already S3's going for $275 on my local Craig's List.

Even the iPhone 4S from 2011 fetches $350-400.

----------

Not understanding what you mean here. Dont recall if you had a GS3 but mine has been great. Only real neusense i have had is it isnt the easiest to copy text with. They could improve that.

I look forward to the GS4 really. I am absolutely thrilled they made the screen bigger without making the overall size bigger like teh rumor said they would. That was a biggy for me because i really dont want to go bigger than that. The Note 2 is way too big for my liking.

I think he's referring to the fact that Samsung made the S4 rather uninspiring because they have complete control of the market. So they have marginal upgrades compared to the S3 due to being in a position of power.

The S4 really is the 4S of the Galaxy line. The iPhone 4 literally revolutionized smart phones in a way we've never seen before, became the post popular camera on flickr, etc. The 4S was just an improved 4. The only issue is, Apple doesn't seem to be very concerned at producing an appropriate response.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Nexus 5: 4.5-inch 720p display, 2800mAh battery, 9MP CCD camera
http://www.androidauthority.com/nexus-5-4-5-inch-720p-display-2800mah-battery-9mp-ccd-camera-177726/

More rumors ;)

A new Nexus 5 rumor claims that the handset could be smaller than predecessors, skip this year’s Full 1080p screen “craze,” offer “huge battery life” and a great camera.

Apparently the new Nexus device will be smaller than its predecessors (Nexus 4 and Galaxy Nexus,) featuring a 4.5-inch 720p IPS screen that will “take up 88% of the front of the phone, the most of any phone.”

In addition to a slimmer bezel, the device is said to also feature a 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, a 2800mAh battery and (as expected) no microSD slot.

But what’s really puzzling is that the Nexus 5 is now said to feature a 9-megapixel CCD camera. An earlier report said that the Nexus 5 will come with a Nikon-made camera, while an even earlier Google+ comment from Google’s Vic Gundotra confirmed Google’s interest in improving the camera of its future Nexus handsets.

Huge battery life and great camera” will indeed describe the fifth-generation Nexus smartphone

----------

New Google X Phone rumor: 4.8-inch sapphire display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, 4000mAh battery, November launch
http://www.androidauthority.com/goo...n-800-4000mah-battery-november-launch-177568/

Today’s report says that the X Phone will arrive at some point in November, in time for the holiday season – not June or July as previous rumors have suggested – and that the handset will feature some high-end features including a 4.8-inch display protected by sapphire glass instead of good old Gorilla Glass, a 2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and a 4000mAh battery.

The X Phone will be water resistant and it will sport a carbon fiber back case, with rubber bumpers placed in its corners.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Eh, we'll see about the N5. With onscreen buttons, that makes the actually screen about 4.3". I wouldnt like that. If that is the case, id probably pass.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
The N5 seems to be the more plausible phone. If they get the LCD right and battery life sorted I will be back on it in the fall. The better camera will be the icing on the cake.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Eh, we'll see about the N5. With onscreen buttons, that makes the actually screen about 4.3". I wouldnt like that. If that is the case, id probably pass.

4.5" would be perfect, but like you said, the on screen buttons make it feel much smaller. Maybe 4.5 with all gestures :)

jman240

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2009
Sometimes it's so obvious to go with the s4.

Other times I want to give htc a chance.

And once in a while I think about keeping my iPhone 5.

I am pretty sure I want to come back to android but I'm not very thrilled by what's being offered. Many reservations with the htc one and with the s4 I have this weird itch not to give Samsung the satisfaction of underestimating the competition. I get the feeling they didn't expect htc to show such a strong hand this year. I'll be the first to argue the s4 is a very nice upgrade from the s3 but I also can't help but feel like they're getting away with resting on their laurels. I wish they offered a more premium looking and feeling phone.

I want to give htc a chance but huge reservations about that power button location (hated it on the one x), battery life on lte, 4.1 and updates in general, and likewise I don't want to let htc get away with rearranging the home button configuration (all for a logo. That bothers me).

I don't know.

Leaning toward the HTC One myself but I want to see these things in person before I make a final decision. Coming from an iPhone 4S should be a nifty change. Looking forward to the dual front facing speakers above everything else. Mainly, this video made me lean heavily towards the HTC One http://youtu.be/qUOS2ILXD-0

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.