touch not finding App updates

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by big-blue-wolf, Feb 13, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

My touch will not find any updates via the App Store. It always tells me all Apps are up to date.

I can find updates using iTunes, these will download and sync to the touch without any problem. I have even left updating Apps through iTunes so that I can check on the touch but it still says there are no updates available.

I do have a couple of Apps which my son purchased using his iTunes Account which have found updates on the touch and downloaded them ok.

Its a first gen touch running 2.2.1. I can honestly say that I can't remember if this problem occurred before updating to 2.2.1

Does anyone have any ideas or a cure?

2. macrumors G3

Night Spring

It sounds like your ipod is still logged on with your son's account instead of yours. Have you synced your ipod to your computer since your son put his apps on it?

3. thread starter macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

I've synced loads of times. Its definitely logged in to my iTunes Account. This was happening before I put the two Apps of my son's onto my touch.

4. macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

why does it matter? just get em on itunes

5. macrumors G3

Night Spring

Ok, then I'm sorry to say I have no idea what's up. Hope somebody else has a helpful insight!

6. thread starter macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

Thanks for the suggestion, at least you have tried to help.

Because it does matter. If I have something which doesn't work how it should, then I want it fixed.

7. macrumors member

Project Alice

I have the exact same problem. Sometimes my app store icon has a number in the top corner, but says they are all up to date. This happend after updating to 2.2.1. This is very irratating.

1st gen 8gb
    2.2.1 (5H11)