Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveSW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
It has nothing to do with Apple fandom. Just about every consumer survey of technology companies places Apple at the top of their rankings. This is certainly consistent with my own experience with my Favorite Fruit Company. Apple is about the best that I have seen.

My most recent experience involved an eMac that flummoxed my local authorized service technician. Despite the fact that the computer was out of warranty, Apple replaced my eMac with a brand new Intel-based iMac.

Quite frankly, this Mac owner is highly suspicious of claims of bad technical support/repair experiences with Apple.

yeah Google, Adobe, HTC, etc. employees most likely.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
imo, Android sucks regardless of the phone.

In your ideal world the iPhone would be the only phone that is available and everyone would either have an iPhone or have no phone at all.

As for many other people (with an open mind) Android offers an excellent alternative platform for smart phones. You could name off a list of things that your iPhone can do better then my Droid and I could name off a list of things that my Droid does better then your iPhone.

Really it comes down to customer preference. You are hoping that your hate for anything not Apple will rub off on other people reading these forums, but most people look beyond the brand and see what works best for them. Some might prefer an iPhone or some might prefer Android.

DaveSW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
In your ideal world the iPhone would be the only phone that is available and everyone would either have an iPhone or have no phone at all.

As for many other people (with an open mind) Android offers an excellent alternative platform for smart phones. You could name off a list of things that your iPhone can do better then my Droid and I could name off a list of things that my Droid does better then your iPhone.

Really it comes down to customer preference. You are hoping that your hate for anything not Apple will rub off on other people reading these forums, but most people look beyond the brand and see what works best for them. Some might prefer an iPhone or some might prefer Android.

not really. I like Palm, Blackberry, Nokia, etc.

I just don't like Android. just like anything that comes from Google, the Android OS was not created because they want to innovate or make the world a better place.

they created the Android because they are JEALOUS and GREEDY.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-gb; Nexus One Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Apple have never had a broken screen issue ever have they?

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever.

Apple4life!

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA
they created the Android because they are JEALOUS and GREEDY.

:D:D:D:D:D GREEDY. You're posting on an apple forum complaining that another company is GREEDY?

That's priceless.

You don't like android. That's fine. Great. I've never tried a Nexus One, have you?

I have a friend who is BEGGING me to get him a Nexus One when I'm next in the USA. He would never, ever, ever buy an iPhone.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I can't wait until the iPad comes out and there are all sorts of problems. Of course, we'll hear crickets from all the fanboys.

I am sorry, because we never ever hear about the iPhone and it's problem. Give me a freaking break. Oh lord the Android platform has some issues and they are called out.... Jzzzzz. Seems to me like there are a lot of people who will call out Apple any chance they get.

This is a smart phone that goes up directly against Apple's iPhone. So why wouldn't we have a thread on it here?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.