Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

epine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
Hey guys/girls, i'm a new mac owner. Just got my 15" pb through apple online. I just have a small concern. I noticed when i use my touchpad button to click on something it makes a cracking sound. Is that normal? It sounds somewhat like a plastic button creeking everything i click on the button. What should I do? :D

diehldun

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2003
epine said:
Hey guys/girls, i'm a new mac owner. Just got my 15" pb through apple online. I just have a small concern. I noticed when i use my touchpad button to click on something it makes a cracking sound. Is that normal? It sounds somewhat like a plastic button creeking everything i click on the button. What should I do? :D

Hey! I've got that EXACT same problem on my 17" PB. It's been going on for quite some time; if I push once on the button, it makes a click noise, like it's rubbing against another piece or metal. BTW: Only when you push it in the middle.

Can anyone explain this? is this a major widespread issue on PB's???

EasyB

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2005
I think the track-pad on the latest revs of the powerbooks suck! The button is not as firm as my rev-A PB and feels mushy. Also the far right side of the space bar does not work well.

I believe this is the first Revs to have Apple made track-pads in them. I hope the go back to the old vendor or get better at making track-pads.

-B

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
Maybe you guys have a bad trackpad, mine has been flawless. As for your spacebar this seems to occur on everyone's keyboard to some extent. My arrow keys are like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.