Touchpad Button Flimsy?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by epine, Apr 8, 2005.

1. epine macrumors newbie

Hey guys/girls, i'm a new mac owner. Just got my 15" pb through apple online. I just have a small concern. I noticed when i use my touchpad button to click on something it makes a cracking sound. Is that normal? It sounds somewhat like a plastic button creeking everything i click on the button. What should I do? :D

2. diehldun macrumors 6502a

Hey! I've got that EXACT same problem on my 17" PB. It's been going on for quite some time; if I push once on the button, it makes a click noise, like it's rubbing against another piece or metal. BTW: Only when you push it in the middle.

Can anyone explain this? is this a major widespread issue on PB's???

3. EasyB macrumors member

EasyB

I think the track-pad on the latest revs of the powerbooks suck! The button is not as firm as my rev-A PB and feels mushy. Also the far right side of the space bar does not work well.

I believe this is the first Revs to have Apple made track-pads in them. I hope the go back to the old vendor or get better at making track-pads.

-B

4. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Maybe you guys have a bad trackpad, mine has been flawless. As for your spacebar this seems to occur on everyone's keyboard to some extent. My arrow keys are like that.