Toy Story 3 won't be made by Pixar

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by puckhead193, Jun 22, 2005.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Toy Story 3

2. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Pixar needs the deal, its what brought them into the industry. Im sure Disney will still do a good job, but like i said its Pixar pride and joy movie that brought them to be known.

3. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Is Disney SO dried up that they cannot come up with a single orginal idea of there own. I'm not upset about this or anything but come on, it seems that their last orginal idea was the The Emperor's New Groove back in 2000. :eek:

4. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Whatever - Disney's animated movies sucked since the Lion King. Guarantee when they're done Toy Story 3 goes right to DVD/Video like other classics such as Alladin 2, Alladin 3, Lion King 2, 102 Dalmations 2, and all the other crappy sequals they've done.

I'm actually glad Disney and Pixar split - it's better for Pixar.

5. themacman macrumors 6502

actaully disney has done some great movies in the past. the incredibles, remember the titans, holes, and others.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

They've stolen the majority of the classic books whose copyright has expired, right now they are awaiting the modern author's who have died copyrights to expire.

Then they'll have some new ideas. :D

Edit. All those mysterious deaths and terrorist acts that killed off authors were bankrolled by Disney. :p

7. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I think this thread is talking mainly about disney animation which has gone down the toilet. Remember the incredibles wasn't disney, it was pixar.

8. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

and Rolls Royce has made a nice car ;)

9. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

And they even have to go and make a sequel to that :(

10. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Naw that was a good movie, IMO.

Whoever makes Toy Story 3, let's just hope they do a good job.

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

This is old news...and Disney's new 3D animation, Chicken Little is coming out soon, so I'm going to be very curious to see how they do with that. I'm not expecting much.

Lilo and Stitch was pretty good and the water color look was quite nice - that was 2002.

D

12. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I hope TS3 flops. Really, the magic of Pixar and their movies lies in the masterful hands of John Lasseter and gang.

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

What makes their movies special is that they emphasize the story not the 3D or animation. Everyone of their movies is great and I don't think they need Disney to succeed....

D

14. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

agreed.. old news

here is some what of what the plot is going to be like for the peeps that would like to know

linkage

15. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

That sounds pretty crappy. I mean it's not even realistic for a kid to send in his 3 or 4 year old plastic action figure for a malfunction.

16. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Pixar really needs to get away from Disney, imo. Disney has been reduced to a money machine that cares little about quality. It's a relationship like Apple working for Microsoft. Shudder. Pixar deserves better.

17. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Oops, I meant after Lion King. I liked it too!

18. friarbayliff macrumors regular

Sounds like the plot of TS2 recycled all over again

19. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Kind of ironic that Disney is one of the big reasons why the copyright term was extended beyond reason...

/Mickey Mouse Law

20. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Pixar is known for Nemo and Incredibles. TS? Old played out news. Disney will not doubt screw that up. they are trying to make money off the characters and I in no way feel they will be able to live up to the quality of Pixar's 1st too installments. Disney is dying a slow cartoon death.

21. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

The only reason Pixar should even think of renewing with Disney would be to get the character rights back so Disney can't sully their image by releasing sequels that might reflect badly on the originals (which coincidentally would stop TS3). Of course it can't hurt to have Disney's marketing machine to help publicize your movies, but I think Pixar has enough of a reputation now that they wouldn't need the marketing blitz on their movies.

22. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

pixar is known to people by their favorite pixar movie. could be those, the second toy story, monster's inc, or a bug's life (which doesn't get mentioned all that much) toy story will always be a classic, can't believe its 10 years old already.

23. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

But TS2 was good. It was the great idea of "Evil Chicken Guy" :)D) stealing Woody-- not Buzz being shipped off because...uh.... "Daddy, what's a mal-mal-malfukntion?"

24. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

:eek:
    It is!?

Damn, I feel old.