Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Hey

I just got a new BlackBook 10 days ago, and when I copied all my iTunes library from my old iBook, something weird happened, it DUPLICATED everything, or at least 80% of the songs. So here I am deleting one by one each doubled track, and every single time is the same thing, you delete it and a pop up window asks you if you want to keep the files or move it Trash.

Is pretty annoying, is there a way to delete all the duplicates once in for all?

Thanks

Steve Jobs=God

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2007
Only thing i can suggest is when selecting the track, press and hold the :apple: when you click, that way you can go about selecting all the duplicates at once and delete them all in one go

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Only thing i can suggest is when selecting the track, press and hold the :apple: when you click, that way you can go about selecting all the duplicates at once and delete them all in one go

Did it, but is still slow and there are plenty of duplicated songs...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
What's iTues? HeHe Spelling Error

Have Your Tried Deleting All Songs Then Ripping Them Off Your iPod Again, Make Sure All Songs Are On iPod Before Deleting All.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
What's iTues? HeHe Spelling Error

Have Your Tried Deleting All Songs Then Ripping Them Off Your iPod Again, Make Sure All Songs Are On iPod Before Deleting All.

THERE GOES A "N" for you...:D

If I do that, the problem will remain since my iPod is already sync so it will copy all the songs duplicated again.:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.