Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
My new, two day old Nexus 4, running Xylon ROM 4.2.2 and Matrix kernel v7.0. Plus the killer new app "Greenify *ROOT*" , helps certain apps hibernate. Battery life, so far is pretty darn good on this phone, blows away my old Verizon Galaxy Nexus. We shall see what a workday ahead brings.

Screenshot_2013-02-24-23-36-51_zps54c6659b.png

Screenshot_2013-02-24-23-37-02_zpsc7378145.png

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Edit: never mind just stumbled upon sms popup

Have you had any issues with the unread count not going away on the messaging icon after clearing or quick replying to a text message?

I've tried every setting I could with sms popup but the unread count wouldn't go away. Had to purchase a different quick reply app instead.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Have you had any issues with the unread count not going away on the messaging icon after clearing or quick replying to a text message?

I've tried every setting I could with sms popup but the unread count wouldn't go away. Had to purchase a different quick reply app instead.

I never use the unread counter. What quick reply app are you using? and does it allow you to still keep whatever keyboard you want?

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I never use the unread counter. What quick reply app are you using? and does it allow you to still keep whatever keyboard you want?

I use an app called Glowfly. Exact same thing as sms popup but with the fixed unread count issue and has a couple themes you can customize. I use the stock keyboard so can't don't know about that.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Having my phone four days now, I check the battery life at the end of every day, and all three days pretty much the same @ 15h - 16h total time on battery before the red alert with 14% remaining, with 5h On Screen time. Out of those 16h total on, approx 4h of that is on WiFi, majority of running on network.

I hear it is my kernel, making the big difference in better battery life, I am running Matrix v7.0 kernel. I am afraid to flash a different ROM or different kernel, this setup "Just works :)" don't want to screw this up with anything different.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Mailman just dropped off my Rearth Ringke slim case, in matte black finish. Wow :eek: I LOVE this :D I am anal about thin cases, and matte finish. This case fits the Nexus 4, just perfectly, and looks much better with it on, covering the cheesy chrome ring I was not a big fan of.

Barely adds any bulk at all, but still covers the front screen just enough, to lay the phone screen side down on a table, still protecting it. Tight fit, no creaking or rocking.

Shyboi23

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2013
I do like my White color Note 2, first white phone, looks so clean, and makes the screen pop more. White looks like an astronauts or Apollo moon mission gadget :)

My only beef is the size, I use one have primarily, and this phone difficult to use with oy. one hand.

I have a guy willing do straight up trade for a white iPhone 5, 32GB.

I'm willing to trade mine also . I just got it two weeks ago.

Hail Caesar

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2013
Last iPhone I had was the 3G, then moved to Android with the Nexus-One, then Nexus-S, then Galaxy Nexus, now Note 2. I always make fun of my brother still on an iPhone 4, locked down limited iOS. He won't jailbreak, which I keep telling would make it much better.

So...

I dont feel constrained by anything. Is it because you can have widgets and do all these magical things that 95% of users dont use other than to make a tick on a sheet?

RetepNamenots

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2009
I dont feel constrained by anything. Is it because you can have widgets and do all these magical things that 95% of users dont use other than to make a tick on a sheet?

Give me a call when you can change your default web browser/email/SMS/maps apps.

Hail Caesar

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2013
Give me a call when you can change your default web browser/email/SMS/maps apps.

Why would I want to change them when they work fine? As I said I havent had any problems doing anything. iMessage works great, Safari is fast, @me.com sends and receives all my email, Maps although not as accurate as Google yet, still works and if you prefer you can download the Google Maps app.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Why would I want to change them when they work fine? As I said I havent had any problems doing anything. iMessage works great, Safari is fast, @me.com sends and receives all my email, Maps although not as accurate as Google yet, still works and if you prefer you can download the Google Maps app.

I never had any "problems" with my Motorola StarTac either. Doesn't mean I would want to go back to that anymore than I would want to go back to an iPhone in its current incarnation.

Michael

frugalman

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
Note 2 and the N4 is the top 2 phones on the market. Like others said, if you have LTE coverage on the Note 2 and running CM10.1, there is not much upside to get a N4. I am extremely happy with the N4 and battery life is much better after 4.2.2 update.

Don't trade for the iPhone 5. You will go crazy. :p

I am wondering about CM10.1 now.
Does the video recording record sound at an ok volume?
I believe when I tested it with the CM10 nightly build (t0lte), the volume was very low. This is important to me as I will record many videos of people. This is the only concern I had with running a custom rom on N2.

Can someone confirm if this is a problem on CM10 on N2?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.