Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2013
I have to agree... My Spidey Senses are going nuts here that Apple has something bigger up their sleeve than any of us know about. My gut tells me that AppleTV may be a much bigger release than we expected. Media Streaming, Game playing, App Downloading, HomeKit Command Center, Phone and Video Conferencing device and more. It might also have a built in wifi router... It is possible that content deals are more complete than we imagined too. If this along with the standard iPhone release were true, then that explains whey the venue is so big. As the AppleTV could be the center of all things Apple in the home and there is so much to show around that and for people to demo. Truly Massive release!!

THIS, EXACTLY! We really have no clue what all Apple will show us this year. We've seen very few leaks compared to previous years... Even on "S" cycles. We've also seen a lot of conflicting info/leaks this go around. (EX: One week iPad Pro has been pushed back to 2016, the next week it's in full production). Something big is happening in the Apple Universe and they are trying everything and doing everything to lead us down so many different paths that we would never guess. Lots and lots of misdirection out there. This makes me excited for the event more so than I was before.

liven2

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
Bonney Lake, WA
THIS, EXACTLY! We really have no clue what all Apple will show us this year. We've seen very few leaks compared to previous years... Even on "S" cycles. We've also seen a lot of conflicting info/leaks this go around. (EX: One week iPad Pro has been pushed back to 2016, the next week it's in full production). Something big is happening in the Apple Universe and they are trying everything and doing everything to lead us down so many different paths that we would never guess. Lots and lots of misdirection out there. This makes me excited for the event more so than I was before.

It will be to show off HomeKit... :)

ipadpro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2015
this event is biggest ever in history with 7000 seatting chair since normally around 1000-2000 chair

apple make money again selling ticket , 7000 ticket per 1,500 usd

oh my god = 10 million total

that amazing-

Reactions: Jstuts5797

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013

Even if Apple planned on releasing the iPhone 6s, Apple TV, new iPad's including the rumoured iPad Pro and even an iPhone 6c, would all of that really need a building of that size? this is what i'm not sure on.
Last year Apple went to some trouble and that was for the Apple Watch, this year it seems they are going to even more trouble, would a bigger iPad and new iPhones require more people to attend? now i'm not saying those products aren't important, i for one really want to see the iPad Pro! (personally i think Apple will announce it October time tho). Also taking time into account, Apple events tend to last between 1 and a half to 2 and a half hours, all of these products together would take longer to announce surely.

Reactions: Jstuts5797

Awfisch

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2011
So I did some more digging, and I found something interesting.

According to an agenda for the San Fransisco Transportation Agency, the street in front of the venue is ONLY closed on September 9th, even though Adams and Associates have the place reserved for a longer portion of time. (On the link scroll to section M)

Called it with the street closure! Beat Hoodline to it! I'm so pumped for the 9th! Even if it is just the iPhone, I'm still really looking forward to it. We shut down our entire office for an hour or two to watch the keynote together. It's become a really fun tradition! These days, they happen all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.