Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Man on the moon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Los Angeles
I have read all the reviews, i have seen all the videos also. Samsung Galaxy S3
is a great phone etc etc.

I traded the phone for my iPhone 4S and i know i can sell this phone but i really regret it. First thing i read is "the battery is great" BS. This thing drains pretty quick and i have locations services off, bluetooth off, GPS off etc etc.

I just plugged it in to my mac and this **** won't appear anywhere on the mac and i had to look for a stupid app called "Phonetunes" to sync some music from mac but i had to install on both phone and mac. (********)

It is pretty annoying how you have to sync music, that and the samsung (Kies) software also.

There is so much stuff on the phone that is not needed and i really can't believe this is all pre-loaded.

Basically feels like a new PC with all this software you will never use
pre-installed.

The phone has too many options it becomes pretty annoying.

i have been using iPhone 2g to 4S and i really think this phone is not that great.

I know this has been said over and over, "You don't realize how incredibly well and smooth iOS operates and how everything just works until you try android"

No Comparison

I will sell this phone as there is already buyers but i wanted to see if anyone here has tried this phone and maybe it is just me?I am the one lone soul who thinks it is not that great.

I think the other guy got the better end of the deal.(So far)
Though i used iphone 4s all year and will use this money for "New iPhone".

Last edited:

grumpycompuprof

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2011
I swapped my iPhone 4 for a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket a few months back and it was the worst week of my life. The battery life was worse than anything I ever expected and depending how you charged it, I have USB power connectors next to my wall sockets integrated, it did not even show the correct usage until a hard reboot. I gave it a whole week to really make it work, but then I came running to the store to exchange it for an iPhone 4S. Now I am screwed to get the new one for a subsidized price until next year.

ek9max

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2011
I try every latest and greatest android out there.

The longest I've been able to last before goin back to my iphone is 24 hours. And 8 of those being asleep.

----------

I think the iPhone has to watch out for the new windows 8 stuff coming out. That is is just as smooth as iOS and has much more customizable stuff.

So we will see I guess.

Man on the moon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Los Angeles
it's not for everyone. there will always be people that prefer the "simplicity" of ios

You said it best and "Simplicity" is what i don't have on here.

Now i do like the LEDs or Colored notifications on front of phone.

Those are neat but even typing on this thing is different. I fortunately will have a 4S by tomorrow from a friend as a loaner until new iphone is released.

I count at least 35-40 pre-loaded apps on this phone. :confused:

----------

I swapped my iPhone 4 for a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket a few months back and it was the worst week of my life. The battery life was worse than anything I ever expected and depending how you charged it, I have USB power connectors next to my wall sockets integrated, it did not even show the correct usage until a hard reboot. I gave it a whole week to really make it work, but then I came running to the store to exchange it for an iPhone 4S. Now I am screwed to get the new one for a subsidized price until next year.

When i saw the sexy white SG SIII with that beautiful display i thought i had gotten a great deal. It looks great and feels nice but that all changed when i started to use it and all downhill from that point.

Not being able to use itunes to import music is a big problem i believe. Everyone uses iTunes. WTF?

I almost dropped it trying to use it with one hand on this big ass screen.

Headlighted

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
I did the same but with an S2 Hd LTE. I lasted 3 months, mainly to avoid the "I told you so" from the hubby.

To be honest, all I miss was that screen. It was beautiful and bright. I just can't get over how much customizing it took, and half the time the Gmail and Facebook apps (my two most used apps) didn't work right. And Kies is a b****, my gosh I hated that software with every ounce of my being!

I'm very happy to have a 4S back, even so much I gave up getting the 5 on release.

I will fully admit that Android may be great for some and heck, all the power to them. It's just not for me, the simplicity and ease of use on the iPhone can't be beat.

moosquared

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010
You said it best and "Simplicity" is what i don't have on here.

Now i do like the LEDs or Colored notifications on front of phone.

Those are neat but even typing on this thing is different. I fortunately will have a 4S by tomorrow from a friend as a loaner until new iphone is released.

I count at least 35-40 pre-loaded apps on this phone. :confused:

----------

When i saw the sexy white SG SIII with that beautiful display i thought i had gotten a great deal. It looks great and feels nice but that all changed when i started to use it and all downhill from that point.

Not being able to use itunes to import music is a big problem i believe. Everyone uses iTunes. WTF?

I almost dropped it trying to use it with one hand on this big ass screen.

----------
Your friend has a 4S for loan??

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Did the same with my S2 last year. Sold my iPod touch and bought an S2. First few days was great. Then a couple of days later I started discovering stuff I didn't like, then started getting pissed off. In 2 weeks time I was thinking that I made the wrong decision and regretted it. I then sold it 2 weeks later (luckily?) only losing $100 as androids don't have good resale value.

Man on the moon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Los Angeles
I did the same but with an S2 Hd LTE. I lasted 3 months, mainly to avoid the "I told you so" from the hubby.

To be honest, all I miss was that screen. It was beautiful and bright. I just can't get over how much customizing it took, and half the time the Gmail and Facebook apps (my two most used apps) didn't work right. And Kies is a b****, my gosh I hated that software with every ounce of my being!

I'm very happy to have a 4S back, even so much I gave up getting the 5 on release.

I will fully admit that Android may be great for some and heck, all the power to them. It's just not for me, the simplicity and ease of use on the iPhone can't be beat.

My plan was to try this "amazing" phone until new iphone was released but i honestly don't think i can go pass tomorrow with this thing.

3 Months? :eek:

I believe i was misled by engadget.

The Music player is the worst part of this phone.

----------

----------
Your friend has a 4S for loan??

Yes. He fixes buys/broken iphones and the loan has to do with how short of a period it will be for.

Man on the moon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Los Angeles
You don't have to sync music, you can just drag and drop it, or copy paste it, how is that hard?

"Kies Mac support MacOS X 10.5 ~ 10.7"

I have mountain lion and have this problem.

Regardless it should not be this boring to add music to my phone.

The music player on the SG SIII Reminds me of the music players in Sony Clie's. Ha Ha

Some may recall how bad that was and storing music on memory stick duo.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
....? It is? It seems the most straight forward to me.

Lol cant think of a most simple and probably faster way to transfer music to a device :p not sure why he say "worst way" ; never used the sync fom itunes, i just drag and drop manually.

I have a htc hd2 from a friend here wich i ask him if can play for a few days with it :) (he wanted me to install android) the Os it came was win6 and i didnt use it, googled how to flash these thing and wow right now its loaded with android 4.0.4 and it works REALLY NICE and to my surprise these phone is from 2009 ! Hardly any lag so i guess those samsung galaxys must be lag free; tomorrow im going to flash with win7 and im very excited !

rogerbarrett

macrumors regular
May 22, 2012
Oh ... now it is difficult, Actually i observed that Samsung Galaxy is best at his own place ... And Iphone is excellent at his own place :)

Man on the moon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Los Angeles
Lol cant think of a most simple and probably faster way to transfer music to a device :p not sure why he say "worst way" ; never used the sync fom itunes, i just drag and drop manually.

I have a htc hd2 from a friend here wich i ask him if can play for a few days with it :) (he wanted me to install android) the Os it came was win6 and i didnt use it, googled how to flash these thing and wow right now its loaded with android 4.0.4 and it works REALLY NICE and to my surprise these phone is from 2009 ! Hardly any lag so i guess those samsung galaxys must be lag free; tomorrow im going to flash with win7 and im very excited !

i plugged in SG SIII and was hoping to drag and drop as in itunes i choose to manually manage library but that option seems to not be available outside of itunes obviously.

It got pretty annoying so i just installed spotify and will use that until i get rid of this thing.

If my entire library is on itunes it sucks not being able to use that for this phone. I honestly missed that part or would have never done this trade.

Now i know.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003
If your phone is on the AT&T network, i'll trade my iPhone 4S 16GB AT&T black for your Samsung Galaxy S3. It's basically brand new swapped a couple days ago at the Apple store since my old iPhone 4S was defective.

Message me

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
....? It is? It seems the most straight forward to me.

While very simple, its annoying. I dont want to find the music file when I buy a new song to drop onto the device, I would rather it just recognize a new song was added and add it the phone automatically. Not to mention getting playlists and such. Google music is much better than drag and drop if your on android.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I haven't really gotten to know Android on a personal level, but I have used Windows mobile before I got my iPhone 2G back in 2007. From what I hear, Android is the new "Windows Mobile" - not Windows phone.

Eosblue

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2008
I'm thinking of getting the Galaxy 3 instead of the new IP coming soon to a store near you. Consumer Reports give the Galaxy their top rating with the IP4 S pulling up the 10TH SPOT although all the first 10 are rated fairly close.

I don't care that much about the loss of syncing with iTunes. The major items with me are surfing the web and watching video. IMHO, the Galaxy 3 blows the IP 4 S out of the water in these modes. And I'm getting very tired of this HARD ON Apple has for Flash. Yeah, I know Apple has something coming that will toss Flash on the waste pile of electronic history, but they've been saying that for over 2 years now and we still get mostly zip.

The Galaxy comes a lot closer to a mini note pad than the present IP 4S does.

Stay tuned for more comparison if I do pull the plug and go Galaxy. My major Galaxy concern is apps and that may be the decider.

ColeHarris

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Wow, and I was actually thinking the other day of how appealing this Galaxy III is.

Well I wouldn't let a few people's opinions deter you, Android's not for everyone, nor is iOS it all comes down to the person. I'd give it a shot if you get the chance, worst case senario you ending up returning the phone and losing a little money which is worth it in my opinion to come to a conclusion, one way or another.

PlatinuM195

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2009
I swapped an iPhone for the original Galaxy S and regretted it after about a week.

When the Galaxy S2 came out, I was tempted again by the huge screen. Ended up buying the S2. Kept it for a couple of weeks but sold it again, luckily I kept my iPhone so I didn't have to buy another one.

Now I still haven't learnt my lesson and I have to admit the Galaxy S3 is tempting me again. The design looks decent, screen looks awesome and the specs are pretty insane. Very very tempted.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA

Oh the horror of it all...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.