Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Immanueldk

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Hi everybody, I got myself an iPad 2 16GB 3G.

I have some troubles to transfer files to this ipad.

ex. I want to manage my own music and videoes, that I do by making an mark in "manage music and videos" and simply drag my mp3 files or video files to ipad.

The problem comes when I try to transfer books, and pdf files. I need to press on the sync in iTunes, but then iTunes delete and sync with my books so my music and videos get deleted.

Is there any way to manage mp3, mp4, books and PDFs files without sync and delete everything on the ipad?

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Hi everybody, I got myself an iPad 2 16GB 3G.

I have some troubles to transfer files to this ipad.

ex. I want to manage my own music and videoes, that I do by making an mark in "manage music and videos" and simply drag my mp3 files or video files to ipad.

The problem comes when I try to transfer books, and pdf files. I need to press on the sync in iTunes, but then iTunes delete and sync with my books so my music and videos get deleted.

Is there any way to manage mp3, mp4, books and PDFs files without sync and delete everything on the ipad?

PDFs and books in epub are drag-and-droppable exactly like other media files (I do it all the time). Books in other formats need to be dropped into the relevant application such as .mobi into Kindle.

Immanueldk

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007

Reason for asking is that I do not have the same problem to do with with my iPhone 4.

Any third party software for Mac and windows are welcomed mainly Mac tho

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.