Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebronzemedal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2016
Jakarta
Hi, very amateurish user here, so please bear with me. But please please help me recover some very important videos of my young daughter during her holiday.

I often use the Scanner and Camera Wizard on my ACER lapto to transfer photos and videos from my iPhone 6 to an external hard drive. It's relatively simple and (if the option is checked) automatically deletes all the files after the transfer is finished. I usually plug in the HD to my TV to watch with the family.

I did so today to transfer some holiday videos. But this time the videos on the external hard drive are saved as Quicktime files (.MOV extension, not the usual mp4) with zero KBs on each video. Suffice to say, they are unplayable. The trash bin on the ACER does not show the deleted files. Nor does the Recently Deleted folder on my iPhone.

On the iPhone, the videos are gone, with a few left having blank thumbnails, which if played, only show the spinning wheel (Pressing "Edit" only shows "Failed to load video").

Some notes:

- I have only very recently upgraded to ios 9. Seemingly, videos taken prior to the upgrade are still on my iPhone camera roll.

- All photos are safely transferred, and originals still remain on my camera roll, even though I checked the "delete files after transfer" box.

ANY help would be appreciated. I have gone to the Apple store here (I'm in Jakarta, Indonesia) and they are unable to help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.