Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandmann41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Frederick, Md
Can I just copy the folder from the library for mail to my new powerbook?
These are emails I have saved only locally and not kept on the server.

Frohickey

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2003
PRK
Is this using Mail or using Eudora?

For Eudora, its as simple as moving your Eudora folder from one Mac to the other.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
sandmann41 said:
I'm using Mail
If you are transferring mail files from another application to Mail, then you can use the Mail Import Mailboxes... function. Go to File>Import Mailboxes....

Beck446

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2003
Entourage is a very nice application, IMO. I am curious as to which is going to be easier to transfer over to my next Apple laptop. I'll be able to post my experiences with Entourage transfering pretty soon.

Now that I've got a GMail account, the idea of using a email client is becoming less appealing - especially if GMail can add very strong POP forwarding software and the ability to grab everything out of my Entourage app. It can't do this now - but perhaps soon.

I would just love it if GMail developed a client that seamlessly integrated with their web client. If it could sync during internet connections, this would be ideal. I can dream...

brambo03

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2004
i'm using mail over Entourage but sometimes mail uses funky characters like chinese symbols. whats that about?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.