Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkmatter343

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2017
Toronto, Canada
My kids share a 200GB iCloud+ subscription they’ve had for the longest time, but I want to cancel it and have them use the spouses and mine iCloud+ 2TB service. How can I go about moving their data over? They only have iPads and while one of the iPads is 256GB the other is only 64GB. Most of the backup data is pictures, notes, videos and backups and is 150GB+ so I’m not even sure the 256GB iPad could download a copy.

I’m wondering if it’s possible to use an external usb on either iPad and download the iCloud data as I have a 256GB stick.

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
My kids share a 200GB iCloud+ subscription they’ve had for the longest time, but I want to cancel it and have them use the spouses and mine iCloud+ 2TB service. How can I go about moving their data over? They only have iPads and while one of the iPads is 256GB the other is only 64GB. Most of the backup data is pictures, notes, videos and backups and is 150GB+ so I’m not even sure the 256GB iPad could download a copy.

I’m wondering if it’s possible to use an external usb on either iPad and download the iCloud data as I have a 256GB stick.

maybe the sandisk ixpand?
or a few mass downloads via itunes?

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
I have one of these but I think it’s only 128GB and don’t they only back photos?
not sure. but if so maybe you could do all the photos in batches and delete them from device to free up space to sync the rest and do a local backup?

would be curious how it ends up working out!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.