Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dopey220

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
... Is there a way to put a trash can in my Finder sidebar? It'd be a great timesaver.

NaMo4184

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2005
... Is there a way to put a trash can in my Finder sidebar? It'd be a great timesaver.
Ya dude, I'm right with you. I actually wanted the same thing. The reason why i wanted it in the sidebar and not just a delete key is because I'm all into the drag and drop philosophy. It's about carrying the drag and drop philosophy all the way through. I guess its not that big of a deal because the trash is in the dock, but something makes me want it in the finder sidebar.

The trick to do it is to unhide all your hidden files and your trash should be in your home folder. Drag and drop it into the side bar and viola. The only problem is this is when you delete something that is not on your hard drive. Moving the files may cause you to move the alien files to your main HD. I am not using an external drive so i don't know.

Best of luck to you brother.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.