Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoneage

macrumors regular
Original poster
I upgraded from 3 to 4.0 and had problems burning, so I dragged 4 out of the applications to the H/D and reinstalled 3. Everything went fine but I still wanted to se the Music Store and liked the idea of AAC encoding. When 4.01 came out I heard that some issues were addressed so thought I would give it a try. I upgraded and 3 became 4.01 in the Application folder. It seems to be working fine now. My question is; can I trash the old 4 from the HD (says cannot delete because belongs to system), but I should be able to run Tra**** or Super Delete, or will my playlists disappear along with the program?

FredAkbar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Re: Trash iTunes?

Originally posted by stoneage
I upgraded from 3 to 4.0 and had problems burning, so I dragged 4 out of the applications to the H/D and reinstalled 3. Everything went fine but I still wanted to se the Music Store and liked the idea of AAC encoding. When 4.01 came out I heard that some issues were addressed so thought I would give it a try. I upgraded and 3 became 4.01 in the Application folder. It seems to be working fine now. My question is; can I trash the old 4 from the HD (says cannot delete because belongs to system), but I should be able to run Tra**** or Super Delete, or will my playlists disappear along with the program?

The only way that your playlists would disappear is if that were a specific feature in the program you use to delete the files, but I don't see that happening, so I wouldn't worry. Personally, I wouldn't use a program at all; I would just pop open Terminal and type:
sudo rm -r /iTunes.app
(assuming you're logged in with an admistrator account)

--Fred

pEZ

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Re: Tra****

Originally posted by stoneage
Yeah, what's up with that? I didn't notice the astericks before.

Yipes - a swear word that isn't a swear word....within a normal word.....hmmmm That's pretty coincidental, if you ask me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.