Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zachz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
My top two favourite Mac designs have to be the Power Mac G4 Cube and the late 2013 Mac Pro (6,1).

I’m so happy and grateful to have been able to get my hands on both, each for a really good price and in great condition.

Figured they look really nice side by side exposing their internals and since none of my friends really care about geeking out, figured I’d post it here!

While they both had their own problems in their day there’s no denying that they stood out (and still stand out) with their designs and sleekness. I still occasionally game on both of them and they both use the same monitor.

Attachments

• IMG_2404.jpeg
    IMG_2404.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
The Cube is quite beautiful.

If someone is quite technically minded you could probably make an Intel powered machine out of one of them and run quite a new Windows. It would take a bit of clever engineering but should be possible.

Reactions: pischu12

pischu12

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2020
I don't know if I could afford it ... but if they brought back an Apple silicon based Mac with Mac PRO 2013 design ( not that the new Mac studio looks bad - the 2013 just looks better in my humble opinion) - would be so very exciting ! Once again I would love if someone from these teams could write an article about the design aspects and production of these computers - if would be an amazing read.

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
right up there as two of the most unreliable things Apple has ever made, united in their hunger for cooking their own internal components through reliance on insufficient cooling solutions. The Sid & Nancy of Apple's products. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.