Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nk201

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2024
Hi all,
Does anyone know any good travel planning apps? I'm looking for an app that you can access offline and that can sync across devices

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I use Tripit. Be aware that the events on the calendar from Tripit are temporary and will disappear at some point…erasing your travel history. Maybe that's just in the free account but I don't know.

I subscribe to the calendar and copy the events to my own calendar so that they'll be permanent. Basically…in the Calendar app…I show the Tripit calendar, copy the events, then hide the Tripit calendar.

Reactions: nk201

nk201

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2024
I use Tripit. Be aware that the events on the calendar from Tripit are temporary and will disappear at some point…erasing your travel history. Maybe that's just in the free account but I don't know.

I subscribe to the calendar and copy the events to my own calendar so that they'll be permanent. Basically…in the Calendar app…I show the Tripit calendar, copy the events, then hide the Tripit calendar.
Thanks for the tip!

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010

The history is always in the TripIt app... I have full trip details back 15 years.

I think the Apple Calendars only go back the last three trips.

Then again, these may be paid features?

Pspressart

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
I have used Tripit since 2009. I usually put all my travel items in Tripit and when I know they are firm, I export them to my calendar from the website. The app does not seem to support the export. I do not like the subscribe because it can go away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.