Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does "Tri-tone" suck?

• Kill it with fire.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Make all notification sounds "Tri-tone".

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

pashdown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
Does iOS13 have any provision to set the default notification tone, or set the tones individually on apps that otherwise don't set them? "Tri-tone" has been plaguing us since, what, iOS4? Why we can set the sound for what happens when we AirDrop someone, but not differentiate between my stock going up and my house being broken into is beyond me. Why doesn't the Home app have its own unique sounds anyway? I utterly enjoy being in a room full of people and hearing "Tri-tone" go off, so everyone can check their phones at the same time.

eelpout

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
Silicon Valley
old post, don't care.

"Tri-tone" has been plaguing us since, what, iOS4? Why doesn't the ... app have its own unique sounds anyway? I utterly enjoy being in a room full of people and hearing "Tri-tone" go off, so everyone can check their phones at the same time.

as someone who has been on Android for 8+ years and giving iOS a try, this just boggles the mind to be stuck with no way to even change the default. but, I'm pretty sure (as someone who use to work at Apple in the pre-Intel Mac days) I'm quite sure this is a choice by Apple marketing and exactly the point. It lets everyone in that room know what devices people are using.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.