Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
At first I thought I knew what they meant by 'Gel' then after a paragraph I thought I was wrong... and then I got to the last few paragraphs and realised I was right... :eek: :p

Good news I if it works... although I do wonder how long it'll take the Church to start up... abit like the way they do now in developing countries saying that HIV is put inside Condoms at the factory... :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3574165.stm

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
This is great news iGAV, thank you for the link. The gel would definitely easier to use and should be error proof. Many use a lubricant anyway. Hopefully the clinical trials will be successful and they can release it for public use sooner than expected. Hopefully they will have some trial in the US also.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Dippo said:
Does this mean that there will no longer be a need for "safe" sex?

There are still a lot of other STD's like Gonorrhea & Syphilis. Safe sex will be needed to prevent disease and pregnancy.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
related topic: I'm reading a book right now called "the tipping point" all about social epidemics, and one of the ones mentioned thus far was HIV...the author referenced an outbreak of pcp pneumonia, something that often indicates AIDS, in orphaned babies in europe post wwii....interestingly, two-thirds of the babies survived without any further incident...which means they had a weaker strain of HIV. The argument is that the "tipping point" of hiv came from a combination of world travel, a few sexual encounters,a nd a stronger strain of the virus.

food for thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.