Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

southerndoc

Contributor
Original poster
May 15, 2006
USA
Has anyone experienced issues with awakening their Mac Studio with a Magic Keyboard or Trackpad? My Mac Studio isn't totally asleep -- just idle with the Apple Studio Display screen turned off.

First I attempted to use my fingerprint with TouchID to awaken it. This works about 75% of the time (very rough estimate). When that didn't work, I clicked the Magic Trackpad a few times. It didn't turn on the screen either. I typed a bunch of keys on the Magic Keyboard without success. Ended up needing to plug in the Magic Trackpad to get going this morning. The Magic Keyboard was at 70% charge and the Magic Trackpad was at 29% charge when this happened.

I've read various reports of intermittent Bluetooth problems with the Mac Studio. I rarely experience loss of connectivity while using the computer. Here lately I've been experiencing this periodically when trying to awaken my Mac Studio. This is the first time I've needed to plug up the trackpad to get it working though.

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
Yes, I've had bluetooth issues with mouse, keyboard, and trackpad. All randomly disconnecting. I tried everything but it was so inconsistent nothing seemed to work. I started keeping the trackpad plugged into the front of the Studio and it works better than it ever has. Apple had me try several things but nothing seemed to help and they really had no ideas. Plugging in the trackpad was the best solution I could find. How plugging in that trackpad keeps the rest of them connected too I have no idea!!!

southerndoc

Contributor
Original poster
May 15, 2006
USA
Yes, I've had bluetooth issues with mouse, keyboard, and trackpad. All randomly disconnecting. I tried everything but it was so inconsistent nothing seemed to work. I started keeping the trackpad plugged into the front of the Studio and it works better than it ever has. Apple had me try several things but nothing seemed to help and they really had no ideas. Plugging in the trackpad was the best solution I could find. How plugging in that trackpad keeps the rest of them connected too I have no idea!!!
Does the M2 Mac Studio have the same issue?

webbga

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
I periodically lose connectivity with the mouse, but less often with the keyboard. Usually happens right after wakignthe system from sleep and takes 15-20 seconds to restore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.