Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
running watchos 2 beta 2, something went a little weird today after turning the watch on it was like it wasn't paired.

I have done a reset to re-pair but I can't get past the AppleID screen keep getting "could not sign in there was a problem connecting to the server" I can't seem to get past this, even when I skip this step I get the same message with messages sign in part.

Anyone had this? is there away around this?

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I reset settings on watch unpaired from phone started as a new watch setup but alas the watch app is refusing to get past this annoying error

alfista

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2007
Thanks as well, and to clarify:

If you are getting the 'server unavailable error' you can skip it, but the iMessages thing stops your progress because you can't skip or change the username. With Messages off, you can continue.

I spent about three hours with this (waiting for iCloud to finish syncing 10gb or so, removing account, removing iTunes account, etc), and now am struggling to get to watchOS beta 3. On 9.0b3 for the phone.

alfista

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2007
...but I still can't get it to connect once the watch is paired using the Watch app.

ThaRagingAsian

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2014
same here. Gonna try the work around.

edit:
Thanks! Got it through. Hopefully I can install beta 3 for the apple watch. having problems with that too. :(

Last edited:

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
In case anyone looks this up, it's not really a workaround. It's direct from the release notes

Known Issues
  • Pairing iOS 9 beta 3 with watchOS 2 beta 1 or 2 requires you to sign out of your AppleID in Messages prior to pairing and to skip iCloud sign-in during pairing. Pairing with watchOS 2 beta 3 and WatchOS 1 is not impacted

Reactions: andybno1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.