Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foxfoxfox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2021
Hey all. I've spent the last couple days offloading large Procreate files from my iPad Pro, routing through Files and then deleting them there once the documents were safely in Dropbox. But now my Files app is near to empty, and it says it's taking up 15 GB. Literally the only thing in my Files app are fonts. They might take up 1 GB. And yes -- I've cleaned out Recently Deleted.

Can anyone tell me how long it should take to get the Files storage back?

Alternatively: While offloading is an option and I see that some people solve the Files storage problem by deleting and reinstalling the app, I'm not sure how I would do either without losing my fonts folder. 40 fonts don't take a lot of space, but they DID take a lot of time to install and I don't want to repeat the process, particularly if I'm going to have to do the Delete the Files App dance whenever I use it to offload. Is there a way to temporarily backup my Procreate font files to somewhere else, maybe? Then drop back in once Files app has been deleted & reinstalled? I'm really wary of this shorting my fonts in Procreate... Any thoughts / solutions?

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Hey all. I've spent the last couple days offloading large Procreate files from my iPad Pro, routing through Files and then deleting them there once the documents were safely in Dropbox. But now my Files app is near to empty, and it says it's taking up 15 GB. Literally the only thing in my Files app are fonts. They might take up 1 GB. And yes -- I've cleaned out Recently Deleted.

Can anyone tell me how long it should take to get the Files storage back?

Alternatively: While offloading is an option and I see that some people solve the Files storage problem by deleting and reinstalling the app, I'm not sure how I would do either without losing my fonts folder. 40 fonts don't take a lot of space, but they DID take a lot of time to install and I don't want to repeat the process, particularly if I'm going to have to do the Delete the Files App dance whenever I use it to offload. Is there a way to temporarily backup my Procreate font files to somewhere else, maybe? Then drop back in once Files app has been deleted & reinstalled? I'm really wary of this shorting my fonts in Procreate... Any thoughts / solutions?
Have you tried cycling power?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.