Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hawk Moth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2021
Hello! I´m new in this forum.

I bought an iPhone 4 CDMA still running iOS 6.1.3 and to be safe I wanted to save the SHSH blobs.

First I tried redsn0w, though after to restarts of the iPhone it failed and said something was wrong with the SHSH blobs.
Next I tried Beehind, and it worked, but it was fetching iOS 7.1.2 blobs for some reason, so that didn´t work either.
Next I tried iFaith and it also dumped iOS 7.1.2 SHSH blobs, at least I thought so, because after going to the right direction to save the SHSH blobs it also failed.
Lastly I tried to download the SHSH blobs via 3u tools and according to 3u tools there aren´t any besides the iOS 7.1.2 SHSH blobs.

Btw. the phone is saying "trying to activate; this can take a while" or something like that every time I plug it in to my computer, but it does not when it is just logged in to my Wi-Fi network.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Hawk Moth

Last edited:

Hawk Moth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2021
So nobody has any ideas? Maybe this isn´t the right place to ask this question... Does anyone of you know a better forum where I can talk about this topic?

gogikr

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2021
The only way to save blobs is when ios is still signing. Ios 6 dont sign anymore. I have a iphone 4 and i saved ios 6 blobs with iFaith when the ios was signing

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
The only way to save blobs is when ios is still signing. Ios 6 dont sign anymore. I have a iphone 4 and i saved ios 6 blobs with iFaith when the ios was signing

I'm far from an expert on this topic, but I'm under the impression that you can always save blobs for the version of iOS that's currently installed on a device. You just plug the device into a computer, open iTunes, copy a couple of numbers there, then type those numbers into a website for saving blobs. Though i could FOR SURE be wrong about this.

EDIT - yup i was wrong.

"Blobs must be saved for a firmware while that firmware is signed by Apple. Blobs saved for unsigned firmwares are not valid."

Last edited:

gogikr

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2021
Yes. I know what im talking
about.Itunes cannot save blobs. You must jaibreak the device before save blobs. :) Once the blobs are saved, you must create custom firmware and then intsall on your ios device

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.