Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nullibist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Hi, Tubesock lately seems to be giving a lot of "file doesn't exist" messages when i put in a valid url from YT, i even play the video in safari and do a cut and paste from the address bar *where the video is currently playing!* and paste that into Tubesock and it still says it doesn't exist. I've upgraded to latest version. Currently using some free alternatives but does anyone have any ideas on this? Thx.

batfan78

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2008
Texas
same problem here

i use tubesock like everyday and to my horror , all the valid links i try
say file doesn't exist. i have not updated any software , and this does suck.
but i've finally gotten around to using the old method through safari, using the activity window to download the file i need from youtube. seems to work, just sucks because i love to use tubesock for just about everything. guess the ride had to end sometime, would love to hear if anyone has a solution!
peace-

nullibist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Well, for a while it was working if i started playing the video and copied the link from the little 'url' field to the right of it or from the address bar, now even that is not working. I guess i could send an email to the Tubesock people. I used Tooble today and thats pretty good.

batfan78

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2008
Texas
here's to hoping

i really hope they give you back an answer, if you wouldn't mind posting what they tell ya, since we're both kinda in the same boat, most appreciated!

mcelheny.doug

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2008
I also have this problem.

hello

just wanted to say that i also have the same problem as you two. it started all of the sudden yesterday. i have version 2.0.2 and i downloaded 2.0.3 and had the same problem. i did find though that i could download dailymotion movies but only as flash files. this is the first time i have ever tried to downoad something from dailymotion so this might be normal for that sight.

i guess youtube must've found a way to stick it to us. funny though that video download helper and zamzar still work. i guess we just have to wait and see what the tubesock people say.:mad:

MasterNile

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I recommend using TubeTV, I've been using it for some time and works just fine-I just tried it right now and was able to download video from youtube no problem. Oh, and it's free :D

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
Same here - File does not exist. Wonder if this is intentional on the part of Google, or if its just the result of some change not specifically meant to counter TubeSock.

.adam

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Why not just use Clipnabber.com?

It lets you save as .MP4 for iPod, what more could you want?

edzapple1979

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2008
Thanks for the tip.

I recommend using TubeTV, I've been using it for some time and works just fine-I just tried it right now and was able to download video from youtube no problem. Oh, and it's free :D

The TubeTV recommendation saved the day, now that my tubesock v2.0.3 does NOT work. Thanks

dbernelle

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
Louisiana
TubeSock (Stinkbot) Support

First of all I love TubeSock.

My only complaint has been that it didn't default a save to the last folder that I saved to.

Now the "file doesn't exist" problem has stopped the application from working at all.

I don't know if Stinkbot really has any support.

On a number of occations I have sent email to the support email id regarding TubeSock. I have never received a reply, other than the automated "open" ticket reply email.

In fact, one trouble I opened on 5/11/08, never showed a status change and now that I have submitted a trouble for the "file doesn't exist" problem, see that my 5/11/08 ticket was closed without any notification to me.

Not the best response or support.

What do I want? I want the developer to provide feedback to folks that report problems (perhaps a support forum) and to fix the TubeSock application so that it works again, providing the application developer support that my purchased license is suppose to provide.

I'm happy to purchase software that works and is supported.

Also, thanks to the other forum users that provided names of alternate YouTube capture applications - none of them, IMHO, that are as slick as TubeSock's UI, but I must do what I must do.

I urge Stinkbot to focus some time on the popular application, TubeSock, and fix it.

Thanks!

dorfenwell

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
Tubesock

Hello
I have the same "file does not exist" problem. I went through Tubesock support over a week ago. They gave me a number, but have not replied.

K D F

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2008
UK
Tubesock R I P.

Seems i am not alone on this one, Tubesock in my view is the slickest conversion package for youtube stuff ,nothing could be better and it is only now that it is not working that i realise how much i miss the thing for ease of
use. I have sent Stinkbot an email like everyone else....not holding my breath
on that one, just a question of how long before they sort the problem out.
I feel sorry for the people who may have just purchased it , i got 7 months out of mine. I tried updating quicktime etc...just a question of time to see if
they sort the problem

mwilliams

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2008
Tubesock

Tubesock doesn't work any longer. Sent them an e-mail, no reply. What is another program like this?

moh2o

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2007
It is Happening again,

I stopped updating QT for my MacBook about a year ago. This happened to me before. I sent TubeSock an email when this first happened to me back in 2006 and they sent me back a fix.
It worked and I have had no problems since ,,,,,,,,until just now Oct. 18th 2007.
Now I can't download with TubeSock. I get an error message "File does not exist".
I think THIS TIME it is YouTube,, not Tubesock or QuickTime.
I noticed that YouTube has added something extra onto their URL lately.
Hmmm. what is that? "&feature=related"

&feature=related,,,,,,,,,,,,What is that?
I'm writing TubeSock!

-Mo

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth
Well, for a while it was working if i started playing the video and copied the link from the little 'url' field to the right of it or from the address bar, now even that is not working. I guess i could send an email to the Tubesock people. I used Tooble today and thats pretty good.

Just keeps blowing up for me... every time I add in a URL... POOF...

Just downloaded and used TubeTV, it works great and even made a YouTube smart list in iTunes. Smiles here.

wudaijie

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2008
Help

Like everyone here, I cannot use it for like a month or so. I started to wonder whether the new update of Mac doesn't fit with the setting of Tubesock. It's so sad that I cannot download anything I love. And I sent email to the technical support person of Tubesock, no response at all.
:confused:

Anyone can help out here??

dbernelle

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
Louisiana
Told 'em so...

I sure miss the User Interface of TubeSock (Paste the URL & Download a converted file).

I sent email to the support email address (a second time) that a thread was open on the problem on this website and that users' troubles should be acknowledged, a forum started, and the TubeSock application fixed.

---
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:28:51 -0500
To: <support@stinkbot.com>
Subject: =>Please fix TubeSock & start a user forum

Hello -

PLEASE SEE MY POST ON THE MACRUMORS FORUM.

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=6433295#post6433295

Also, please provide feedback with status after a support email is issued.

Thanks, I love TubeSock.

--

All I got was the automated reply:

> From: Stinkbot Support <cases@stinkbot.fogbugz.com>
> Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:29:27 -0400
> Subject: Re: (Case 9105) =>Please fix TubeSock & start a user forum
>
> Thank you for your message. We have received it and will get back to you as
> soon as possible.
>
> You can check the status of your message at the following URL:
>
> https://stinkbot.fogbugz.com/default.asp?9105_1r2anjv1
>
> You may want to save your case's tracking ticket: 9105_1r2anjv1
>
> Please reply to this message if there's anything else we can do for you.
>
>
> --
> Stinkbot Support
> support@stinkbot.com
> -----------------------------------------------
>
>

tbmwright

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2008
Tubesock not Working

I agrre that it is not working, but note that they are still selling the product. Fortunately any1 who tests it will also find it not working and not buy. However I would really like to understand why it no longer works. I have also had trouble with TV-Tube which is not nearly such a good product and wonder if it is some action by YouTube which has made this and similar products stop working.

moh2o

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2007
Fix For TubeSock, easy!

Hey its easy! You have to go to TubeSock's site (stinbot.com) and 'reload the whole program, you don't need to repay if you already paid. Updating will not work, you need to totally re-upload the new "3.0 beta" for Mac.
Here is the link for Mac;
TubeSock beta for Mac 3.0

motieboy

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2010
Tube Tv ng

When my TubeSock failed, I downloaded Tube TV, but that doesn't work for me either. I downloaded "Pavtube", and the trial version works, but I haven't bought the license yet so it watermarks the videos. I hate to buy yet another program while there is still a chance the TubeSock can be made to work. I used to use Safari to download the videos from YouTube as .flv files, but that has stopped working too, so I think the problem is something that has been done at YouTube.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.