Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It's Tuesday and nothing happened. Websites, even Apple's will go down from time to time for routine maintenance. It means nothing.

telepati

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2009
344a36e.jpg

I think ATI shipping starts today.. YEY!!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
344a36e.jpg

I think ATI shipping starts today.. YEY!!

Awesome
Captain Obvious 5 finished.jpg

If you say so, who are we to argue?

For what its worth… UK store is down as well.

I don't think it's anything to get excited about, which in my opinion means nothing. This board is riddled with opinion that seems to outweigh facts, yours included in case you hadn't noticed.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Sometimes I think they do this on purpose to wind people up. It works!

Only Apple can get away with sucking so badly that they can't do simple site maintenance/updates without taking their site down for hours. :p

Dunmail

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2009
Skipton, UK
Yes, always.

Why? If it was new content then if the site is properly configured it would just be a case of updating information on a database and the next request would get the new data. Even with different servers for each country it wouldn't be too difficult to synchronise. Could you imagine the BBC or CNN doing this to their site everytime a new story came along?

nerdish

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2009
Manchester, UK
Good Heavens!

This is a rumor site, can't we speculate without people jumping down out throats?

I think there will be a couple of new things or additions to the store, not sure what though.

Ted13

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2003
NYC
Indeed, this is a rumor site, and the Apple Store being down is speculation heaven. That said, I agree that if the Apple Store being during a keynote or when the most of the Mac hardware line is being overhauled, it makes sense.

But just to add one new product? Seems to me it is either publicity, or Apple needs to redesign their store maintenance procedure.

In other news, I just got my Mac Pro shipping notice -- yeah, baby!

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
Any experienced Apple follower understands that this almost certainly means a change in the product line up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.