Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Wonderful...

Just in time for the season to still be lost. :(
It is more about saving the end of the season an working on the fall shows now. You won't see new sitcoms until mid March and have about a 2 month run of new shows. Late-night should start up Wednesday, SNL will be back a week from Saturday.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
It is more about saving the end of the season an working on the fall shows now. You won't see new sitcoms until mid March and have about a 2 month run of new shows. Late-night should start up Wednesday, SNL will be back next Saturday.

*Sigh*

I guess something is better than nothing.

At least now we get to see Barney sport the iPhone on How I Met Your Mother. :p :D

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
It is going to take time to get things back up and running. Everything was run dry so it will take a few weeks to get scripts written and production started back up.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
It is going to take time to get things back up and running. Everything was run dry so it will take a few weeks to get scripts written and production started back up.

I know.

We'll have to put up with these crappy reality tv shows a while longer. :( :mad:

Although, at least Late Night comes back quickly. :)

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
I heard on NPR today that some shows wont start showing new episodes until 2009! :eek:

They were mainly talking about 24 - because the Kief is in jail - but the analysts said it wouldn't be too surprising to see many others not air until then either. :(

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
I heard on NPR today that some shows wont start showing new episodes until 2009! :eek:

They were mainly talking about 24 - because the Kief is in jail - but the analysts said it wouldn't be too surprising to see many others not air until then either. :(

Kiefer Sutherland got out of jail like a month or so ago. o.o

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT

Kiefer Sutherland got out of jail like a month or so ago. o.o
Complex shows like 24 and Heroes won't be back until Fall 08 or Winter 09. It takes to much time to write and produce those shows to get anything ready in time for this TV season.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Might not be out of the woods just yet. The Screen Actors Guild is proposing a strike.

In a move that ups the ante in the stalemate between actors and the studios over a new labor contract, the Screen Actors Guild has decided to pursue a strike authorization vote from its 120,000 members.

The decision came early Saturday morning after two days of mediation failed to bridge deep differences between the sides over how actors should be paid for work that is distributed over the Internet. Actors have been working without a contract since June 30.

Although a last-minute breakthrough is still possible, the actors and the studios now look to be inching closer to a costly showdown that would have seemed remote only a month ago.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-sag23-2008nov23,0,1126570.story

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.