Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beliblis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
Hi,

I have two different Apple IDs from different regions, which I'd like to use simultaneously on my iPhone. The reason for the two IDs has nothing to do with family sharing. It's just that different App stores have slightly different regional content – even movie rentals are different: some movies are available for rent in the UK store, whilst in another country the same movie can only be purchased.
Another reason: I bought two HomePods and wanted to use the 6month-trial (and already had a trial on my other Apple ID before).

Long story cut short, my main question/problem is: How can I control my HomePods (Apple Music, volume, reduce bass etc), which are connected to AppleID#2 with my iPhone and iPad (which are using AppleID#1 from a different region). Problem being:
  1. Family sharing would be an option of course, but: only works within the same region
  2. if I connect the homepods to AppleID#1, I loose my 6-month AppleMusic trial
  3. if I change my phone to ise AppleID#2, I can use the HomePods but lose access to my AppleWatch
Option 3 would be a temporary solution during the 6-month AppleMusic trial. But I'd loose access to my "home country" App Store, and all apps would be purchased under a different AppleID.

TVos allows to conveniently switch users. On iPhone, I'm missing that feature.
I did add AppleID#2 to my phone (Settings > Mail > Account > Add Account > iCloud)
But I can't switch back and forth in the same convenient way as I can on TVos.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Is it possible to achieve what I want?
Quite surprised about all this... Surely I'm not the only one. People with a work phone and privately sued watch, TV, homepods etc would be in a similar situation.

Many thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.