Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I realize that this is a question better suited for a Nintendo forum, but I don't have an account there. :p

I have a 2DS, so it works the same as a 3DS. I just bought Pokemon Yellow for the nostalgia, but I hate the only one save file thing (I had two yellow cartridges so I could keep my main one and replay it on the other). Can I have two copies of Yellow Version on one DS? I don't mean 2 files, but two complete copies of the game?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I realize that this is a question better suited for a Nintendo forum, but I don't have an account there. :p

I have a 2DS, so it works the same as a 3DS. I just bought Pokemon Yellow for the nostalgia, but I hate the only one save file thing (I had two yellow cartridges so I could keep my main one and replay it on the other). Can I have two copies of Yellow Version on one DS? I don't mean 2 files, but two complete copies of the game?
I don't think its possible. There are no user accounts with a 3DS so you can't even switch to a different one and play the same game with a new save using that method.

I'm curious though!

Also: How come you want to have two saves for Yellow? I mean I like to buy each Pokemon game, have one as a "main game" and another for story run throughs with themed teams.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I don't think its possible. There are no user accounts with a 3DS so you can't even switch to a different one and play the same game with a new save using that method.

I'm curious though!

Also: How come you want to have two saves for Yellow? I mean I like to buy each Pokemon game, have one as a "main game" and another for story run throughs with themed teams.

Yellow was the "third" of a generation, which means it had differences - like Silver, Gold, Crystal - Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald - Diamond, Pearl, Platinum (that's where I stopped years ago!)

Yellow was different than Red or Blue (It had the real Team Rocket!). I can buy Red and Blue and have one as my "main" and one for my various play throughs like I did with Leaf Green and Fire red back in the day. However, Yellow had many new people and stronger trainers. I'd pay again for Yellow just to get two copies onto my 2DS. :(.

Luckily, the Mew glitch is still there! Free level 7 Mews! I just wish they'd port Emerald which was my favorite one of all, but with their remakes of S and R (which I've never purchased), I doubt they will. (My nerd is showing :p )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.