Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bollard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
London
I ordered my first ever iPod last night ( the black 60gb ) I didn't get it engraved but now I've thought of something I'd like to have engraved but it's too long. Do Apple allow extra engraving (I'm willing to pay for this) ?????
Also do you think they will bring out a special armband for this new iPod like the mini and nano ????

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Uh...

As per your first question, no, but there are other places that will engrave your iPod for you (granted, not as nicely as Apple does it).

Second, yes, I'm sure they will, but why would you want something that big on your arm?

bollard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
London
I want to get this quote engraved

"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note-
and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it "

As for the armband I'm a racing cyclist so this iPod is primarily going to be used while I'm training on my stationary trainer so I want an armband as i won't have any pockets to put it in.

bollard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
London
appleretailguy said:
As per your first question, no, but there are other places that will engrave your iPod for you (granted, not as nicely as Apple does it).

Second, yes, I'm sure they will, but why would you want something that big on your arm?

Can anyone recommend a second party laser engraver here in the UK ???
And why isn't it as nice as how Apple does it ???? Is it a different font or something.

As for the jersey response. When I train it really is too hot even for jerseys so I wear vests or even just a pair of shorts if I know my workout is going to be a real sweatfest.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
bollard said:
Can anyone recommend a second party laser engraver here in the UK ???
And why isn't it as nice as how Apple does it ???? Is it a different font or something.

As for the jersey response. When I train it really is too hot even for jerseys so I wear vests or even just a pair of shorts if I know my workout is going to be a real sweatfest.

Sweatfest... haha. Awesome. I'd suggest getting a rubberized case to keep the sweat out.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
bollard said:
I want to get this quote engraved

"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note-
and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it "

Apple wouldn't have engraved that anyway.
You're limited to 2 lines and 27 characters per line.

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2005
bartelby said:
Apple wouldn't have engraved that anyway.
You're limited to 2 lines and 27 characters per line.

LOL he knows that and is wondering if he can engrave that (even tho it is past the limit and pay more)..
;)

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
pdpfilms said:
Sweatfest... haha. Awesome. I'd suggest getting a rubberized case to keep the sweat out.

Agreed, my armband case let one large amount of sweat through. Can't be very good for the iPod. Lucky the back of the iPod is stainless steel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.