Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Advance The Man

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2005
Is it possible to pre-order (2) phones at the subsidized price for 1 contract?
I.E. buy two 16gb for $199

Intentionally for them to allow it, no. For the folks that have already said they've done this - do you really think att or Apple won't figure it out?

BlindGoldfish

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2010
Here's my order status from At&t. It shows I ordered 6/15, but doesn't say when it will ship and has the 'Backordered' box marked. Not sure if this means it really is backordered or the status 'in progress' means all is okay. Who knows, one thing is I will not be calling them. Does anyone else show this same order status?

iPhoneOrderStatus.jpg

On my ATT order status page, it has QTY Ordered 1 QTY Backordered 0, whereas yours shows 1 backordered too. Ordered mine at the end of the day the 15th and looks like it was processed the 16th. Not sure what's going on, but I wouldn't be surprised if they changed my order to backordered...

brownieguy19

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
On my ATT order status page, it has QTY Ordered 1 QTY Backordered 0, whereas yours shows 1 backordered too. Ordered mine at the end of the day the 15th and looks like it was processed the 16th. Not sure what's going on, but I wouldn't be surprised if they changed my order to backordered...

The reason it is showing up as "Backordered" is because it's not available yet. In other words, Apple has to give the phones to AT&T before they can actually set up the process to ship them. Make sense? Kind of?

BlindGoldfish

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2010
The reason it is showing up as "Backordered" is because it's not available yet. In other words, Apple has to give the phones to AT&T before they can actually set up the process to ship them. Make sense? Kind of?

Then why doesn't mine come up as "Backordered"?

30hqwqw.png

rcandre2

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2008
Where the heck is the white iphone? I can't believe that Apple still has not had the courtesy of telling their "valuable" customers why it is not available!

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Where the heck is the white iphone? I can't believe that Apple still has not had the courtesy of telling their "valuable" customers why it is not available!

Yes. We have a god given right to know everything about everything. Any delay in telling us everything is evil.

spadcw8889

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2010
My order is the same... although I never got an order confirmation because the website broke after submitting my CC info (this happened to me twice, and I got one order cancelled notice.) I placed the order at around 7am EST on the 15th. I didn't see anything on-line in order status until this morning, and it listed everything as back ordered. Looking at it now, nothing is listed as backordered, so I assume that means they put me in the queue for the phones on the 24th. Hopefully that's not wishful thinking.

I think the reason it says 06/16 is because one of the AT&T elves had to enter the orders either by hand or from a log file.

i called and they said that you shouldnt pay attention to the order date on ur status, all that matters is the time stamp from when exactly your order was placed.thats what the shipping warehouses will be going by.u can call them to find out ur time stamp.

TripHop

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
And When They Will Begin Taking White Orders

I agree. Moreover, WHEN will they begin taking orders for White iP4s? I guess taking White orders right now would just add unnecessary load to the already stressed order system. OK that's fine. But the not knowing when the White option will be added is very stressful to the psyche of those of us who are determined to buy that color. :(

I'm going to be talking to PR about this when they show up at the Palo Alto store next week. I'll be at the top of the queue with my WHITE NOW iPad Bigger Words sign. ;)

WolfXL

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2010
The US pricing looks great:

16Gb $199
32Gb $299

UK Pricing
16Gb £499 (US$ 739)
32Gb £599 (US $887)

Is the US being subsidised by the phone providers or is Apple donating a large percentage of the UK price to the people affected by BPs oil spill??? If not, then the UK is really being shafted.

The phone company is subsidizing a chunk of the price when you agree to a 2-year contract. Prices without the contract are $599 & $699 respectively.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region

Like I said before Apple has failed simple Economics with Supply & Demand. This with past sales figures for White iPhones from the recent past. Steve Jobs better be furious at this lack of supply! :mad:

S2000Pinky

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Went to my local AT&T store....it's amazing what a $25 bribe will do to make sure that you will get initial "inventory" without the online/phone hassle of pre-ordering.

Ahhh........capitalism at it's best!

Good job at being creative. Thumbs up to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.