Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Each and every time I turn on my computer I have to go through this whole process of adding the network name, wireless security info and password. It's not automatic and I don't know why - and he doesn't seem to either - either that or he's being too lazy! And here's what really drives me nuts: if I walk away from my computer, for only 5 or 10 minutes and then come back, I have to do it all over again (I've lost my internet connection).

Does anyone know what this is all about and what can be done about it? I'm getting desperate!

Thanks...

meromé

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2005
Berlin
Airport

I think in network preferences -> Airport (pull down menus) you can select to automatically join a preferered network. For the passwords you just have to save them in the key chain

dodonutter

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Deep South UK
meromé said:
I think in network preferences -> Airport (pull down menus) you can select to automatically join a preferered network. For the passwords you just have to save them in the key chain

There should be checkbox saying something along the lines of 'remember password in keychain' in the window you type the network name and password into.

Also it maybe a little quicker if you check the 'show airport status in menu bar' in network preferences -> Airport. You should then just be able to click the menu bar item and then the network you want to connect to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.