Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ecy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2024
Hello everyone, I am using ugreen revodok with macbook pro m2. HDMI and mouse receiver are connected. But when I connect an external SSD, the reading and writing speed is very low. How can I fix this problem?

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Which model is the hub? If it's one of those cheap $30 hubs with a 5 Gbps USB port, you shouldn't expect much.

Reactions: StoneJack

bradman83

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2020
Buffalo, NY
Are you using the hub for an external display as well? If so that would eat into the available bandwidth for the SSD. Try connecting it directly to the Mac.

ecy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2024
Are you using the hub for an external display as well? If so that would eat into the available bandwidth for the SSD. Try connecting it directly to the Mac.
Yes I use it for screen too

bradman83

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2020
Buffalo, NY
ugreen revodok
This dock only has 1 USB 3 port (which is blue). The SSD is connected to this one, correct?

For a dock that currently retails for $13 USD on Amazon I wouldn't expect miracles. Try connecting the SSD directly to the laptop.

ecy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2024
This dock only has 1 USB 3 port (which is blue). The SSD is connected to this one, correct?

For a dock that currently retails for $13 USD on Amazon I wouldn't expect miracles. Try connecting the SSD directly to the laptop.
Yes, I connect it to the blue USB port. Also an external monitor is connected. It's not a $13 product. I am using this product.

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
try without monitor. Also rebuild SSD if you can (might be corrupted)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.