Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H1JJY

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2014
Yesterday I visited my local Apple store to buy a new MBA (love it BTW), I've seen that in the UK other stores have some models of Macs cheaper then Apple. However we where going to use a education discount which will be around the same price.

However even before I had decided on a Air or a Pro or said that we wanted to use a education discount, the Apple employee said that they will price match any online or in store price and whilst I'm looking at the machines I should check some online prices.
Now I've shopped at Apple store for years and never knew they priced matched, is this new or something they always done?

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
I'm pretty sure that they have always done it, but you have to ask, it's not widely promoted as a policy like e.g. John Lewis do.

Reactions: H1JJY

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I believe there’s a limit of up to 10% based on what a store manager told me a few years back.

x-man

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2008
London
Jhon Lewis has the iPhone £100 cheaper but the Apple employee said on Sunday that they don’t price match…

I also just now had a chat with the Apple online store advisor on the same iPhone pro and she said there is no price match policy...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.