Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryantbfh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
UK
i trued searching the web numerous times but could only ever see mention of this available in the US stores.

During my iPhone X purchase this morning I was offered the screen protector with fitting... thought I’d post in case other UK customers aren’t told in store and the service is really neat.

I picked up Silver 256gb, Blue silicone case and the screen protector. In and out in 10 minutes, with a Krispy Kreme donut in hand.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
They started doing this with the 7/Plus last year in my local store. Very good service. I also had it verbally agreed that if your device needs to be swapped due to a warranty claim, they will supply and fit a replacement FoC. I've gone naked screen on my 8 Plus.

ryantbfh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
UK
They started doing this with the 7/Plus last year in my local store. Very good service. I also had it verbally agreed that if your device needs to be swapped due to a warranty claim, they will supply and fit a replacement FoC. I've gone naked screen on my 8 Plus.

I was told they’ve done it in the UK since the 6s. That’s a good idea!

I’m caseless atm, but I’ve always used a screen protector.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I was told they’ve done it in the UK since the 6s. That’s a good idea!

I’m caseless atm, but I’ve always used a screen protector.

This is the first time I've gone naked screen. My 3G, 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6 Plus, 6s Plus, 7 Plus all had screen protectors on. My wife has a 6s and throws her phone in her bag with all sorts of stuff and only has a few micro-scratches on it, so that changed my mind.

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
i trued searching the web numerous times but could only ever see mention of this available in the US stores.

During my iPhone X purchase this morning I was offered the screen protector with fitting... thought I’d post in case other UK customers aren’t told in store and the service is really neat.

I picked up Silver 256gb, Blue silicone case and the screen protector. In and out in 10 minutes, with a Krispy Kreme donut in hand.
How much did it cost. Any pics?

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
What are the edges like?

When I had 6S Plus done the glass edges weren't curved and swiping from edges was unpleasant.

jaymulli95

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
So I had it done inshore they charged me £29.99 even though its £19.99 on the website..... didn't know at the time

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
What are the edges like?

When I had 6S Plus done the glass edges weren't curved and swiping from edges was unpleasant.

Belkin changed them a little following the 7 launch. They're a little more expensive, but thicker and they have rounded/curved edges which feel much better.

Reactions: Pug72

kart

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2011
AU
I got the Belkin glass protector on my iPhone 7 Plus & now the X.. fitted in store by Apple, using the machine.
They are pricey, however alignment is absolutely perfect, and a must on the X, otherwise it is too noticeable.
When my 7 Plus was replaced under warranty, they also put a new Belkin protector on the front, so whilst they are expensive, it made my decision a little easier knowing that they replaced the protector with the phone (approval had to come from the store manager, so not sure if it is common practice, or case-by-case basis.)

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
Just got mine fitted today in-store. Didn't know how to go about it before going in so I ordered a belkin glass for in-store pick-up which was completely unnecessary as they have separate stock for their application device. Found it almost impossible to check whether my store did this beforehand as all my calls kept going through to a call centre who were pretty clueless.

Cost £29.95 for it to be applied (normal glass costs just under £20 without fitting).

Good glass, nice and thin and just as smooth as other glass, but this is slightly taller and wider so it absolutely covers the whole visible screen unlike the other brands which were such a tight fit that you can see the distortion along the edges.

I wouldn't say the application was 100% aligned, but damn near close and completely dust/lint/bubble-free. Hopefully we don't suffer the same cracked glass that I've been reading about around this forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.