UK Buyers... John Lewis for Macbooks with 2 year warranty

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Icewind, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Icewind macrumors regular

Icewind

Guys, Just for info...

John Lewis Stores and their online store have BlackBooks in stock at the same retail price as anywhere else. I bought both my 12" iBook and 15" Powerbook from them, and they deliver RAPID STYLE.

http://www.johnlewis.com/Computing/Computers/+Computers+/Laptops/Brand/Apple/List.aspx

It looks like they are currently waiting on stock of both WhiteBooks, but you can click a link to be emailed when they arrive in stock.

What's really good is that they give you 2 years warranty cover on ANY purchase from them, so buying a Macbook from JL seems quite sensible. I don't know how much Applecare costs for an extra years cover, but I'm pretty sure it's not free.

The service they provide is excellent to. I recently had to take my iBook into my nearest store to have the keyboard replaced after about 18 months of use. They took it off me to repair and I had it back within a week all sorted. :)

2. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

I agree JL always for major electronic purchases. Got a 5 year warranty with our LCD TV and washing machine. God I must be getting old, shoot me.:eek: