Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gocsan

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2011
London UK
*keeps refreshing* I WANT IT SHIPPED. Or at least prepared for shipment. ;)

Once it is in prepare for shipment, you're going to demand the next thing like me. Mine has been in prepare for shipment since yesterday morning and I'm hoping that it will be shipped by today. :D

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Shipped!!! Will be here 27th. That's almost 2 weeks before what I first got. So makes me very happy :) it's gonna be great setting it up in the Xmas holiday.

gocsan

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2011
London UK
Shipped!!! Will be here 27th. That's almost 2 weeks before what I first got. So makes me very happy :) it's gonna be great setting it up in the Xmas holiday.

How long was it in the status 'Prepare for shipment' for before it changed to shipped?

mazakii

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
I don't think you understood the question, which was why, in the tracking system, does the box depart Shanghai then arrives in Shanghai, then departs Shanghai again. Here's yours...

Shanghai, China 12/13/2012 5:39 A.M. Departure Scan
Shanghai, China 12/12/2012 10:11 P.M. Export Scan
Shanghai, China 12/12/2012 8:00 P.M. Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China 12/12/2012 4:18 P.M. Departure Scan

I did understand. What I meant was 'we're all the same' .

Did yours get to Kazakhstan? :eek:

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK
Mine is following the pattern:

Shanghai, China 14/12/2012 18:00 Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China 14/12/2012 14:29 Departure Scan
Shanghai, China 14/12/2012 13:02 Origin Scan
Shanghai, China 14/12/2012 23:16 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

So I guess an Export scan next before actually leaving Shanghai.

It looks like the UPS website is updating 3.5hrs after the event.

Is there a UPS flight out of Shanghai tonight?

mjsurf

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
@mjsurf - Was the same with me. Sometime today it will change from an 82 number to a 52 number. Once it does, you'll be able to see it on the TNT site.

@goscan: for me it took about 24 hours from "preparing to ship" to "shipped".

SOLLERBOY

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Mine is following the pattern:

Shanghai, China 14/12/2012 18:00 Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China 14/12/2012 14:29 Departure Scan
Shanghai, China 14/12/2012 13:02 Origin Scan
Shanghai, China 14/12/2012 23:16 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

So I guess an Export scan next before actually leaving Shanghai.

It looks like the UPS website is updating 3.5hrs after the event.

Is there a UPS flight out of Shanghai tonight?

Mine is identical give or take 1 or 2 mins on the first couple of statuses. I've been looking at flights and it looks like most of the cargo planes still run on the weekend. There's a few out of Shanghai to Korea (If they follow this route) scheduled later today.

DingerUK

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2011
For those of you who want to know your new serial number, you should see your device on the 'My Support' pages of the Apple website now. Mine is there, even though I'm still not sure if I'm going to get it on the 21st like everyone else that shipped today, or the 27th as my shipment status says. Hoping that the 'Subject to change' comment turns out to be accurate.

Thanks, for clarification the "My Support Profile" page you need to visit is here. it shows the iMac I ordered has been registered and that the AppleCare agreement is in place.

My order is a merge in transit so I won't get any tracking info for the next 48hrs until it reaches the Uk :(

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Mine has just begun its exciting journey from China to Prague :

14 Dec 2012 20:58:17 Shanghai Shipment Collected From Sender.

Hold that plane!! :D

BjornvS

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
The Netherlands
Did anyone with an original delivery window of Jan 2-7 get theirs shipped already?

Had mine ordered at about 9:25 on 11/30 but I think the bank transfer will have pushed my order back in the line... :(

aerobyravol

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Switzerland
Mine has just begun its exciting journey from China to Prague :

14 Dec 2012 20:58:17 Shanghai Shipment Collected From Sender.

Hold that plane!! :D

I suppose our 27" will travel together to some destination in Europe!?
Just imagine them in the plane:

- Hi! I'm a Mac.
- Hi! I'm a Mac too. I'm a recent Mac. The very latest 27" i7 blahblah
- Oh! I see! So am I! Nice to meet you mate! How's your drive fusionning?

:D

Bintje

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
Did anyone with an original delivery window of Jan 2-7 get theirs shipped already?

Had mine ordered at about 9:25 on 11/30 but I think the bank transfer will have pushed my order back in the line... :(

Nope... Exactly the same here. :'(

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
It has shipped and you are not getting it for another two weeks? That doesn't make sense? Why would it take two weeks in the post?

Broseidon

macrumors regular
May 8, 2012
I can't quite tell if I regret waiting to buy my iMacs in-store or not - this all seems rather stressful for you guys! :D

I think my expectation of iMacs in-store before Christmas is not going to happen though... bit of a bummer.

aerobyravol

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Switzerland
It has shipped and you are not getting it for another two weeks? That doesn't make sense? Why would it take two weeks in the post?

No - I guess that's what was originally displayed by :apple:.
I seriously believe once traceable by TNT (or other), it will show something more reasonable like Dec 21. I even bet for Dec 20 :)

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Sorry for asking this (maybe) stupid question, but...
... what exactly do you expect to do with your serial # ? :confused:

You do realise this is a forum where some people visually track the flight of the plane their machine is on don't you?? :rolleyes:

Some things are just done for fun and don't have to have a purpose.

You'll fit right in once you understand that :D

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009

I dont know?? It said 27th first but then it suddenly changed. It says in the email 4th at the latest, so I´m hoping for some changes. But, I live far up north in Norway, so maybe they are planning on delivering it by foot through Russia or something ?!?

SInce it´s dispateched from multiple locations (I´m guessing since I bought a thunderbolt cable and a apple care) I get no info on the whereabouts until a carrier shows up. Or is there some trick I don´t know about ?

gocsan

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2011
London UK
I can't quite tell if I regret waiting to buy my iMacs in-store or not - this all seems rather stressful for you guys! :D

I think my expectation of iMacs in-store before Christmas is not going to happen though... bit of a bummer.

I would rather go through this pre-order and wait instead of waiting until late Jan - Feb to buy one in store. I've decided to get an iMac since Jan 2012, but deliberately held out until they either refreshed or release a new design. I've been waiting for almost a year for this. Very exciting time for me :)

----------

Is that the bright dot defect under the left upper corner on his iMac?????:eek:

Nah, it looks like his mouse pointer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.