Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RealEvil

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

People have already said the prices. £499, £599, £699. Download the app of you like

kisbys

macrumors regular
May 31, 2009
how long do you think we should queue on Friday morning to pick up the phone at wish??

Tino04

macrumors member
May 14, 2010
theyr on the apple website??

Where? I only see "from £499"

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

People have already said the prices. £499, £599, £699. Download the app of you like

I would, if I had an iPhone

007dav91

macrumors member
May 16, 2010
does anybody remember what time in the UK pre ordering started for the iphone 4 last year? i think it was about 3-4pm but im not sure

madmads

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2008
UK
Hope for alot of people that Siri can cope with regional accents (or drunken slurs). :)

That was my first thought. My parrot handsfree kit is useless at recognising what I want to say so I hope I can start handsfree calling using Siri.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
Wish you all luck. I know how fun it is trying to get a pre order.
I just have no need to upgrade from the 4. Fyi, i got the iphone 4 on launch day by pre ordering though vodafones website. So i can vouch for their service. I did have to get up at 5 am to get my pre order down on their website though.

bigjobby

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2010
London, UK

Don't know where they got that info from? Those prices just doesn't look right (especially for the 32GB iP4S) or is it me?

RealEvil

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2007

Same 16/32 prices as last year

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011
Hope for alot of people that Siri can cope with regional accents (or drunken slurs). :)

lol i was thinking for geordies the phone will be absolutely hilarious, maybe they got the guy from big brother to programme his voice compatibility into the phone, or geordies will sue apple for false advertising it learns your voice, that phone has got no chance lol "you have a meeting at 2pm which conflicts with your new appointment would you like this moved?" "wahayee mun i cannae mayke it sowah mayke it forruh sex" siri replies "fu** this s*** do it yourself!"

naths

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
Bristol.UK
i really don't think there will be a mad rush for the 4S like there was for the 4,it looks the same,no major change of design like there was from the 3gs to the 4, so not as many people will make the change,i mean the 4 will run ios5 as good as the 4S,so why change,thats why there will not be the mad rush.....doesnt worry me I'm getting the Nexus Prime!!:D

----------

lol i was thinking for geordies the phone will be absolutely hilarious, maybe they got the guy from big brother to programme his voice compatibility into the phone, or geordies will sue apple for false advertising it learns your voice, that phone has got no chance lol "you have a meeting at 2pm which conflicts with your new appointment would you like this moved?" "wahayee mun i cannae mayke it sowah mayke it forruh sex" siri replies "fu** this s*** do it yourself!"

haha....what a hilarious post......lololol:D

hatcheeks

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
Sheffield
FAO anyone on orange or planning to possibly go with orange.

you can get a 25% discount on a contract if you work for public sector OR even if you know an orange customer who works for public sector - nurses, teachers, civil servants etc

i recently sold my 13mth old iphone 4 16gb for £380 (ASDA recycle) and then gota free iphone 4 on 2year contract with orange. contract should have been £40 a mth but only costs £30 a mth. i have just sold my new(ish) iphone for £280, again on ASDA recycle site to fund the new iphone 4s.

the orange deal is a real bargain and the coverage has been great. when my tesco deal finished i tried 3 for a mth but it was terrible. only downside with orange is that they charge £5 mth for personal hotspot

bigjobby

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2010
London, UK

LOL. Geordies, Scousers, Scots, Farmers... comedy writers are going to have so much fun with Siri! :D

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011

you can get a 25% discount on a contract if you work for public sector OR even if you know an orange customer who works for public sector - nurses, teachers, civil servants etc

i recently sold my 13mth old iphone 4 16gb for £380 (ASDA recycle) and then gota free iphone 4 on 2year contract with orange. contract should have been £40 a mth but only costs £30 a mth. i have just sold my new(ish) iphone for £280, again on ASDA recycle site to fund the new iphone 4s.

the orange deal is a real bargain and the coverage has been great. when my tesco deal finished i tried 3 for a mth but it was terrible. only downside with orange is that they charge £5 mth for personal hotspot

how exactly do i apply for this discount? and when you say customer do you mean contract only?

Deanoaka

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2009
London

That's stopping dude, or at least reducing to 10%.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Where? I only see "from £499"

I would, if I had an iPhone

Apple's online store app shows prices for all three storage capacities in both black and White. Their web site only says from £499. The app says the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB will be £499, £599 and £699 respectively.

barebackbadger8

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Wolverhampton, UK
people were saying exactly the same when the 3gs was released!
Apple know what they are doing, this will sell. they must know by itunes sync etc how many people still have a 3g/3gs (like me and my partner) and wanting to upgrade!
i had got my 3gs, then when the iphone 4 came out i wanted it but wasnt willing to pay my contract up.
now the time is right for me to upgrade, ive looked at the specs and compared to the 3gs they blow it out the water

i never for one minute expected a change in design for this gen, apple had spent so much time and money on getting the iphone 4 right with the antenna issues, the time spent on trying to get the glass white without light leaking through etc
so taking that into consideration it made sense they stuck with that, it then gives them longer to 100% get the next redesign bang on the money without running into the any wide spread issues as the iphone 4 had

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.