Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
I feel like Apple aren’t pushing out enough various colours / strap designs for the Ultra watches

I realise the straps are designed for the ’Ultra’ person in mind, but they could at least release a bit more options.

Also strange why they stopped the previous colours/designs, to then release the next wave….what was wrong with keeping some of the old.

I wouldn’t mind a Red colour in the Trail Loop, but Apple only offer three, which is rather poor :(

Any thoughts why Apple limit these?

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
It’s almost certainly just an inventory management decision.

You can use third party and non-Ultra bands in the ultra. 45mm bands work perfectly.

Reactions: leebroath

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Aren’t 3rd party bands a bit so so, and the best quality is from Apple or am I wrong?

Would be nice of them to offer more of a selection though :)

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
Aren’t 3rd party bands a bit so so, and the best quality is from Apple or am I wrong?

Would be nice of them to offer more of a selection though :)

There are some fine 3rd party bands from companies like Nomad for the Ultra, but the really cheap bands off of Amazon or eBay...you really don't know what you are getting. I had one rot off at the connector and the watch fell to the floor. After that, I swore off the cheap bands entirely.

As others have said, any of the 42/44/45 Apple bands work fine with an Ultra and come in a wide variety of colors and materials.

Reactions: leebroath
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.