Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsf23

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
New York, NY
I tried to use Siri to make a FaceTime call both yesterday and today and was given back an unusual error: "I wish I could, but FaceTime hasn't set that up with me yet."

I'm able to get Siri to open the FaceTime app, just not dial directly from my contacts, and apart from this Siri works just fine on the iPhone 7, including making regular audio calls and texting.

I tested making a FaceTime call using Siri on 3 older iPhone models (5S, 6+ and 6S), all running iOS 10, and it worked properly on each of them, which it had using both iOS 9 and 10 on that same 6S model for the past year, so this leads me to believe it's an iPhone 7 issue (or an individual defective handset) rather than an iOS 10 issue.

I rebooted the iPhone 7, with no change. I also checked a number of settings on the iPhone 7 before coming here:
  • Siri is enabled.
  • FaceTime is enabled.
  • Restrictions (General --> Restrictions) are turned off entirely, so that FaceTime setting is irrelevant.
  • iCloud --> Contacts is enabled.
Any ideas are appreciated, I'm pretty stumped at this point and I'm trying to save myself a call to Verizon or Apple customer support.

jsf23

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
New York, NY
Just tried with my 6s and it worked perfectly.

Yeah, seems to work fine on older iPhones, I've been successful on a 5S, 6+ and a 6S. If I knew anyone else directly with a 7, I'd have them test it, but somehow nobody else I know went for this upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.