Undecided..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pojo1806, Sep 21, 2013.

  1. pojo1806
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

    pojo1806

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2013
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #1
    Basically I have the iPhone 4, in November I can upgrade but looking round today at the 5s I am not sure if it's worth all the extra money when I can just get the 5, which is still a huge upgrade from my 4. I don't want the 5c as it felt a bit crappy if I'm honest..

    Basically I can't decide.. :confused:
     
  2. SandboxGeneral
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator

    SandboxGeneral

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2010
    Location:
    Virgo Supercluster
    #2
    You can't get the 5 anymore, at least from Apple or any carrier (unless they still have some on hand). You'll have to look on eBay, Craigslist, etc..

    You can get a 4S for free now (on contract), and iOS 7 runs quite smoothly on it, that's what I have right now.
     
  3. pojo1806
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 65816

    pojo1806

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2013
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #3
    Yeah it's different over here in the UK, every phone shop had plenty of stock and all websites still have them. They are actually still offering the iPhone 4.
     
  4. *~Kim~*
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 6, 2013
    Location:
    UK
    #4
    If you're waiting until November I'd doubt that there will be any stock left of the 5. If you're wanting a 5, the best thing would be to buy it on PAYG and change your contract to a sim only deal when your minimum period is up.
     
  5. Carlanga
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 603

    Carlanga

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2009
    #5
    AT&T Premier accounts can get the 5, if anyone has a FAN account that is reading the thread.
     
  6. OneMike
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

    OneMike

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2005
    #6
    Just wait till November. It's almost October.
     
  7. pojo1806
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 65816

    pojo1806

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2013
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #7
    I'm not really asking about stock issues, I know I can get a 5 when my contract ends :p the question I am asking is if the 5s is really worth the extra? It'd cost me like £120 up front extra and £7 a month extra.
     
  8. Azy
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2012
    #8
    I take out 2 year contracts and I remember thinking the 4 will be fine over the 4S, the only difference is Siri and a slightly improved camera so whatever, the 4 will be fine. Not a massively noticeable performance increase. Yet when things start moving on and getting more demanding the 4 felt slow, really slow. My other half got a 4S some time on and it worked so much better.

    so right now, no you probably wont care or think its worth the extra. In a years time when everything geared towards the faster 64 bit processor, you may regret it!
     
  9. pojo1806
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 65816

    pojo1806

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2013
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #9
    Hmm you do make a good argument, same thing with me and my other half, I got a 4 and she got a 4s, only the last year has her phone been noticeably better, mainly feature wise..
     

Share This Page