Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pojo1806, Sep 21, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

Feb 6, 2013
    Basically I have the iPhone 4, in November I can upgrade but looking round today at the 5s I am not sure if it's worth all the extra money when I can just get the 5, which is still a huge upgrade from my 4. I don't want the 5c as it felt a bit crappy if I'm honest..

Basically I can't decide.. :confused:
  2. Moderator

Staff Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Detroit, Michigan
    You can't get the 5 anymore, at least from Apple or any carrier (unless they still have some on hand). You'll have to look on eBay, Craigslist, etc..

You can get a 4S for free now (on contract), and iOS 7 runs quite smoothly on it, that's what I have right now.
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 6, 2013
    Yeah it's different over here in the UK, every phone shop had plenty of stock and all websites still have them. They are actually still offering the iPhone 4.
  4. macrumors 6502

May 6, 2013
    If you're waiting until November I'd doubt that there will be any stock left of the 5. If you're wanting a 5, the best thing would be to buy it on PAYG and change your contract to a sim only deal when your minimum period is up.
  5. macrumors 603

Nov 5, 2009
    AT&T Premier accounts can get the 5, if anyone has a FAN account that is reading the thread.
  6. macrumors 601

Oct 19, 2005
    Just wait till November. It's almost October.
  7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 6, 2013
    I'm not really asking about stock issues, I know I can get a 5 when my contract ends :p the question I am asking is if the 5s is really worth the extra? It'd cost me like £120 up front extra and £7 a month extra.
  8. Azy
    macrumors regular

Jun 13, 2012
    I take out 2 year contracts and I remember thinking the 4 will be fine over the 4S, the only difference is Siri and a slightly improved camera so whatever, the 4 will be fine. Not a massively noticeable performance increase. Yet when things start moving on and getting more demanding the 4 felt slow, really slow. My other half got a 4S some time on and it worked so much better.

so right now, no you probably wont care or think its worth the extra. In a years time when everything geared towards the faster 64 bit processor, you may regret it!
  9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 6, 2013
    Hmm you do make a good argument, same thing with me and my other half, I got a 4 and she got a 4s, only the last year has her phone been noticeably better, mainly feature wise..