Undecided..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pojo1806, Sep 21, 2013.

1. pojo1806
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

pojo1806

Basically I have the iPhone 4, in November I can upgrade but looking round today at the 5s I am not sure if it's worth all the extra money when I can just get the 5, which is still a huge upgrade from my 4. I don't want the 5c as it felt a bit crappy if I'm honest..

Basically I can't decide.. :confused:

2. SandboxGeneral
    Expand Collapse

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

You can't get the 5 anymore, at least from Apple or any carrier (unless they still have some on hand). You'll have to look on eBay, Craigslist, etc..

You can get a 4S for free now (on contract), and iOS 7 runs quite smoothly on it, that's what I have right now.

3. pojo1806
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 65816

pojo1806

Yeah it's different over here in the UK, every phone shop had plenty of stock and all websites still have them. They are actually still offering the iPhone 4.

4. *~Kim~*
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

If you're waiting until November I'd doubt that there will be any stock left of the 5. If you're wanting a 5, the best thing would be to buy it on PAYG and change your contract to a sim only deal when your minimum period is up.

5. Carlanga
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 603

Carlanga

AT&T Premier accounts can get the 5, if anyone has a FAN account that is reading the thread.

6. OneMike
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

OneMike

Just wait till November. It's almost October.

7. pojo1806
    Expand Collapse

pojo1806

I'm not really asking about stock issues, I know I can get a 5 when my contract ends :p the question I am asking is if the 5s is really worth the extra? It'd cost me like £120 up front extra and £7 a month extra.

8. Azy
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

I take out 2 year contracts and I remember thinking the 4 will be fine over the 4S, the only difference is Siri and a slightly improved camera so whatever, the 4 will be fine. Not a massively noticeable performance increase. Yet when things start moving on and getting more demanding the 4 felt slow, really slow. My other half got a 4S some time on and it worked so much better.

so right now, no you probably wont care or think its worth the extra. In a years time when everything geared towards the faster 64 bit processor, you may regret it!

9. pojo1806
    Expand Collapse

pojo1806

Hmm you do make a good argument, same thing with me and my other half, I got a 4 and she got a 4s, only the last year has her phone been noticeably better, mainly feature wise..