Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Basically I have the iPhone 4, in November I can upgrade but looking round today at the 5s I am not sure if it's worth all the extra money when I can just get the 5, which is still a huge upgrade from my 4. I don't want the 5c as it felt a bit crappy if I'm honest..

Basically I can't decide.. :confused:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
You can't get the 5 anymore, at least from Apple or any carrier (unless they still have some on hand). You'll have to look on eBay, Craigslist, etc..

You can get a 4S for free now (on contract), and iOS 7 runs quite smoothly on it, that's what I have right now.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Yeah it's different over here in the UK, every phone shop had plenty of stock and all websites still have them. They are actually still offering the iPhone 4.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
If you're waiting until November I'd doubt that there will be any stock left of the 5. If you're wanting a 5, the best thing would be to buy it on PAYG and change your contract to a sim only deal when your minimum period is up.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
You can't get the 5 anymore, at least from Apple or any carrier (unless they still have some on hand). You'll have to look on eBay, Craigslist, etc..

AT&T Premier accounts can get the 5, if anyone has a FAN account that is reading the thread.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm not really asking about stock issues, I know I can get a 5 when my contract ends :p the question I am asking is if the 5s is really worth the extra? It'd cost me like £120 up front extra and £7 a month extra.

Azy

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2012
I'm not really asking about stock issues, I know I can get a 5 when my contract ends :p the question I am asking is if the 5s is really worth the extra? It'd cost me like £120 up front extra and £7 a month extra.

I take out 2 year contracts and I remember thinking the 4 will be fine over the 4S, the only difference is Siri and a slightly improved camera so whatever, the 4 will be fine. Not a massively noticeable performance increase. Yet when things start moving on and getting more demanding the 4 felt slow, really slow. My other half got a 4S some time on and it worked so much better.

so right now, no you probably wont care or think its worth the extra. In a years time when everything geared towards the faster 64 bit processor, you may regret it!

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
I take out 2 year contracts and I remember thinking the 4 will be fine over the 4S, the only difference is Siri and a slightly improved camera so whatever, the 4 will be fine. Not a massively noticeable performance increase. Yet when things start moving on and getting more demanding the 4 felt slow, really slow. My other half got a 4S some time on and it worked so much better.

so right now, no you probably wont care or think its worth the extra. In a years time when everything geared towards the faster 64 bit processor, you may regret it!

Hmm you do make a good argument, same thing with me and my other half, I got a 4 and she got a 4s, only the last year has her phone been noticeably better, mainly feature wise..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.