Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dublin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
Just wondering why there is not a more defined "technical troubleshooting/repair" section. What I mean is, for those of us not afraid to pop open the hood and get our hands dirty. Something that would allow us to troubleshoot by means of testing components with (voltages, ohmic values, schematics, ect.). Things the more electronically inclined would be able to do them selves. Personally I have repaired many Apple graphites/snows using capacitors not used in apple's assemblies to allow them to handle the temps better and work more durably. I recently have been working on powerbooks G3 and G4's with some success due to the ability to find specs on the web (thru extensive searching), but finding any thing newer ( aluminums, macbooks and pros) seem non-existant. I understand the "Take it to Apple" approach, but I do believe their are enough of us out there willing to get inside and give it a try. Just my opinion.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I wonder what percentage of Mac owners are willing to get in there and play with components as you do. Do you know other people who do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.