Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stavros86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Hi.

New iPhone 15 Pro Max owner here.
Is this normal? Please see photos.

I have never noticed the same before.

Attachments

• Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 61

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
The screen is not the same size as the frame so every phone has the possibility to have the front or back glass not perfectly centered. If it bothers you, take it back to the store and return the device.. Here's a thread already started that has similar issues:

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
Run your hands across the back to the edge of the frame. If you feel it’s digging into your skin then the defect is more severe than it looks. I had a 15 Pro and returned it a couple of months ago for this exact reason. Don’t settle for less.

Reactions: Stavros86

Stavros86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Run your hands across the back to the edge of the frame. If you feel it’s digging into your skin then the defect is more severe than it looks. I had a 15 Pro and returned it a couple of months ago for this exact reason. Don’t settle for less.
No, I do not have that issue. Only the gap between the glass and the metal frame.
I will pay attention to the display units that are available at my local Apple store and act accordingly, but from what I read in the thread BugeyeSTI linked above, it is a hit or miss.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.