Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi, if I get the SIM-Free iPhone and use it with T-Mobile in the U.S., is it possible that when I will be traveling internationally that it will pick up CDMA networks for their free roaming, or do they only stick with GSM providers? What about within the U.S.? When I travel upstate there's a lot of areas with no T-Mobile service, any chance they will stick me on some CDMA networks for free?
Once you put a T-mobile SIM in the phone, it'll work just like any other T-mobile phone. You won't get coverage in places you didn't otherwise.

nouveau-apple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2014
Hi, if I get the SIM-Free iPhone and use it with T-Mobile in the U.S., is it possible that when I will be traveling internationally that it will pick up CDMA networks for their free roaming, or do they only stick with GSM providers? What about within the U.S.? When I travel upstate there's a lot of areas with no T-Mobile service, any chance they will stick me on some CDMA networks for free?
Unlocked phones are GSM-only. They can't do CDMA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.