Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DollFaceDork

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Narnia
A friend of mine has the pre refresh version of the MBA, would he able able to take it into Apple and have them exchange it for something else?

clyde2801

macrumors 601
And what is he going to do with it? If it's just the run of the mill emails, browsing and word processing, he might as well fire it up and use it. No matter what, he's going to lose money if he sells it.

Unless he takes it into the apple store and says it was a gift he didn't open....eh, who knows?

Obscurelight

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
NYC
May is too long ago Apple won't take it back. You'll have to sell it yourself. I remember a couple years back I bought a MacBook Pro and it got refreshed a week later. The Apple Store took it back no questions asked since I was still within 14 day period and exchanged it for the new ones and no restocking fee either. :eek: I was told beyond the 14 days it would be a much different story and will have to involve a manager depending on the situation. Since it's been at least 2 months already I'd say it probably won't work out too well but it doesn't hurt to try.

DollFaceDork

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Narnia
I know I've tried to reassure him of this... Even said I will take it off his hands for free. He wasn't keen hah.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.