Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 19, 2003
Anyone else experiencing unresponsive touch bar issues? Once in a while the touchbar will cease to recognize input. It doesn't freeze--it will still contextually update. I have to restart to make it work again. Even if I quit "Touch Bar Agent" in Activity Monitor, it won't come back.

I just want to be confident that this is a software thing, and not a more serious hardware issue.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 19, 2003
It's the 13". The last time it happened, I didn't bother restarting and it came back on its own somehow...eventually.

Reactions: Sanpete

SurajP

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2016
The only way I have found to clear this issue is to log out or restart.

Benito

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Yesterday on a couple of occasions while using Messages the touchbar would fail to work. The touch bar would have the correct icons on it for Messages, but when I clicked on any of the icons the touch bar would go blank. It would keep doing that until I closed Messages and restarted. After a short while it would happen again.

interessiert

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
In a German review video the test device showed same failure (sometimes working, sometimes vanishing and not responsive) - after long discussions with Apple Support (guarantee) the whole MBP was replaced - so better contact support and start the replacement procedure... ;)
payoff: at the day of arrival the old machine worked properly since weeks of failure :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.