Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lokiju

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
I loaded a bunch of albums onto my iPhone and then realized some of them didn't have the album art, so I went through iTunes and added the art to the ones that were missing but it doesn't update the missing album art on my iPhone after syncing.

How do I make the album art on my iPhone update?

PoitNarf

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2007
Northern NJ
It doesn't? It should. If it's still not working for you I guess you could delete the songs from the iPhone and then sync them back over again.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I loaded a bunch of albums onto my iPhone and then realized some of them didn't have the album art, so I went through iTunes and added the art to the ones that were missing but it doesn't update the missing album art on my iPhone after syncing.

How do I make the album art on my iPhone update?

This happened to me too. The only thing that worked for me was getting rid of the songs on the iPod first, then re-adding them. A pain, but it worked...

But yeah - there should be a way it detects that album art has been added/updated and automatically do this...

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like iTunes doesn't see 'Album Art' as a change to the file.

Try this: Select all the files that you changed the art on, right-click them, and 'get info.' Then, change something meaningless. Like, put a period (.) in the comment field.

Perhaps this will get iTune's attention and it will re-sync the whole file (including artwork) next time you sync.

jsquared

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2008
Nashvegas, TN
I kinda had this problem with album art appearing twice in the cover flow. I had to go back and make sure there was only one album cover for each song from that particular album. I had noticed that there might not be art for the first option but you can move the slider over and see the 2nd piece.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
iTunes should detect even the slightest change to any file(name change, rating, smallest details such as year, album art, etc), mine does.
I guess it detects via date modified?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.