Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erickj

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2008
Seattle
I've got a 13" rMBp 2.4GHz core i5, 8 GB memory, 256 GB hard drive, Intel Iris graphics.

I don't like the price or need all the bells and whistles of the brand new MBP's. Refurbished store has the March 2015 13" rMBP 2.7GHz dual core i5 for about 1189.00. Ok price point for me.

Wondering if I should upgrade now, or just hang onto what I've got. Mine works fine, although slightly buggy with flash issues, Safari is just a bitch most of the time so have been transferring use to Chrome. Once in a while it will do something wonky, and I just restart it. I'm not super tech savvy in terms of cleaning it all out, fresh install, etc. I buy Apple because it works and I don't have to fuss with it.

Grad student, use MS Office a lot, mostly web stuff/research, lots of tv/movies, email, chat, Word, some Lightroom use, iTunes, etc. I'm not a gamer or anything like that. It mostly sits on my desk hooked up to an Apple Cinema Display. But occasionally I'll travel with it or head to a coffee shop.

Thoughts?

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Mine works fine, although slightly buggy with flash issues, Safari is just a bitch most of the time so have been transferring use to Chrome. Once in a while it will do something wonky, and I just restart it.

Herein lies the crux of your answer. My view is, if the machine you have does what you need/want it to do in a satisfactory manner, then there's no sense in upgrading. If your current machine does not do what you need/want it to do in a satisfactory manner, then an upgrade is completely justified.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
I've got a 13" rMBp 2.4GHz core i5, 8 GB memory, 256 GB hard drive, Intel Iris graphics.

I don't like the price or need all the bells and whistles of the brand new MBP's. Refurbished store has the March 2015 13" rMBP 2.7GHz dual core i5 for about 1189.00. Ok price point for me.

Wondering if I should upgrade now, or just hang onto what I've got. Mine works fine, although slightly buggy with flash issues, Safari is just a bitch most of the time so have been transferring use to Chrome. Once in a while it will do something wonky, and I just restart it. I'm not super tech savvy in terms of cleaning it all out, fresh install, etc. I buy Apple because it works and I don't have to fuss with it.

Grad student, use MS Office a lot, mostly web stuff/research, lots of tv/movies, email, chat, Word, some Lightroom use, iTunes, etc. I'm not a gamer or anything like that. It mostly sits on my desk hooked up to an Apple Cinema Display. But occasionally I'll travel with it or head to a coffee shop.

Thoughts?

Go into disk utility and run a disk repair it will possibly sort out your issues, the 2015 rMBP is no different from yours to be honest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.