Update/Restore for 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macfanboy, Jul 6, 2008.

?

Will you update or restore to 2.0?

  1. Fresh restore. I want 2.0 to work as well as possible.

    9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  2. Im just going to update. i dont have the time to do a full restore.

    18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  3. Im not going to get the update.

    3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. what? apple's releasing 2.0?

    1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2007
    #1
    When the 2.0 software comes on friday, do you guys plan to freshly install (restore) 2.0 on your ipod? or are you just goin to update from your current ipod's state? why?

    i think im just going to update, because i don't have much time on friday, and i have a 14 gb library to transfer if i restore.

    EDIT: actually, i'm leaning toward restore now because im going to be gone on friday (or thurs or weds night, what ever it is, at a place where i cant use ipod) so i can use that time to do a fresh restore
     
  2. macrumors 68040

    andybno1

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2007
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #2
    I'm gonna wait for a jailbreak........ why pay for something that you could get for free like with the january update
     
  3. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2008
    #3
    I don't see any reason to restore. All I did was update to the latest firmware and add music and videos. I didn't even buy the January Update and My Touch was never jailbroken so I don't have any software :apple: doesn't know about :D
     
  4. PMB
    macrumors 65816

    PMB

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2007
    Location:
    New York
    #4
    update- i am way to lazy
     
  5. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    #5
    Just going to update most likely. Don't see a point in restoring.
     
  6. macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago, IL, USA
    #6
    Maybe because some people don't steal?
     
  7. macrumors 68000

    sam10685

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2006
    Location:
    Portland, OR
    #7
    There's a difference between the two?
     
  8. macrumors 68040

    andybno1

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2007
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #8
    and maybe some of us dont agree with the last upgrade in january :p
     
  9. macrumors 68040

    mavis

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2007
    Location:
    Tokyo, Japan
    #9
    I have absolutely no qualms about stealing in this situation. That said, I plan to purchase the upgrade the second it's available and (possibly) JB at a later date, for the Summerboard functionality. And if Apple lets us use our own wallpaper/icons, then I won't even bother with the JB.

    Anyway, yeah - I'll restore 1.1.4 first of all (and set up as a new device) and then I'll upgrade/restore 1.2.0 ... Better safe than sorry.
     

Share This Page