Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abumgarner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2016
I received a pop-up on my phone recently which was similar to the following: "You have 57 updates pending for more than 15 days. Download Over Cellular?" I was presented with the options to download or cancel. I chose cancel. I found this odd, as I don't have more than 5 apps installed. I had received a similar message on at least one other occasion in recent months. I have searched quite a bit for others with similar issues or messages and failed to find much. Any thoughts or insight as to what this may be? I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2.1.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Maybe you have only 5 apps, but they are quite active in updating. I've not seen any quite that "friendly", but it seems possible.
I think a good first step would be to open your App Store, and see what potential updates appear in the Updates tab?
You would want to be connected to a wifi connection, I think, particularly if the updates are of any size.

RottenMutt

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2007
I've been getting a similar App Store popup message: "2 updates have been pending for 8 days. Download the updates now over cellular? Additional fees may apply."

strange thing is that if i go to the app store, there are no updates... very suspicious.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
One of my coworkers had apps she never downloaded suddenly appearing on her phone.

Turns out she had the option checked in her settings for iCloud to push apps downloaded on one device to her other devices. Her daughter was logged in to the App store using her Apple ID and because of that setting anything her daughter was downloading was being pushed to my coworker's phone - which is how these mysterious apps were appearing on her phone.

I bring this up because perhaps someone else may have permission to be using your Apple IDs? And if this setting is on maybe something is going on that is preventing it being pushed to your device?

Just speculation here, I really have no clue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.