Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Noobraino

macrumors member
May 25, 2020
Hey guys,

I want to do the pixlas mod with one of my cMP 5.1 but since i never did it i will buy a spare PSU just in case something goes wrong.

I got someone who can sell me a cMP 4.1 PSU. Are there any differences between 4.1 and 5.1 PSU that i should know of? It seems they are pretty much the same.
Are any of you experienced users have enccountered problems with a 4.1 cMP PSU into a cMP 5.1?

Thank you so much guys!

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Hey guys,

I want to do the pixlas mod with one of my cMP 5.1 but since i never did it i will buy a spare PSU just in case something goes wrong.

I got someone who can sell me a cMP 4.1 PSU. Are there any differences between 4.1 and 5.1 PSU that i should know of? It seems they are pretty much the same.
Are any of you experienced users have enccountered problems with a 4.1 cMP PSU into a cMP 5.1?

Thank you so much guys!
It's the same specs, MP4,1 and MP5,1 power supplies are interchangeable. The problem is, you are buying a 10+ years old power supply. If you gonna buy one, buy a mid-2012 one.

Btw, don't buy a ACBel power supply, the capacitors used are prone to bulging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.